close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ultimate Fighter-

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by catking, Apr 17, 2005.

1. catking

catking Banned

Does anybody know who won the pay -per - view Saturday night between the light heavys Randy Counture and Greg Lytle ?? I think I have that names right.... Anyways, anybody ??? CATKING

2. I think his name is Chuck Lytle-anyhow he won.

3. catking

catking Banned

THANKS !!!! exexec- I knew it was Chuck, I watched the " Ultimate Fighter " on spike TV for the duration........ I figured Chuck would avenge his loss to Randy , Age catches up sooner or later.......... Thnaks again ;)

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

King, I got this from A WRESTLIGN WEBSITE:

-- As a precautionary measure, Randy Couture was hospitalized after last night's show. He suffered a first round knockout, losing his title to Chuck Liddell.

5. Whoops thought you were talking bout my wife , when I announced I was going fishing the 4th day in a row

6. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

Yup, Mellon got it right, it is spelled Lidell. It is pronounced lih-DELL.

7. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

I recorded the entire pay per view on my TIVO, and it was Chuck who won with a knockout.

flash--------------------------------out

8. Sounds like Couture really got the crap knocked out of him? Was it one of those KO where he was literally knocked out or was it where Lydell was whaling on his head and Couture wasn't trying to defend himself and the ref stopped it? That Lydell dude sure looks like one mean MF'er. (multi-dimensional fighter).

If you guys watch the show, did you see the season finale where they had Ken Shamrock on there fighting this semi-no name from Cattinattii, this Rich something or other who was a teacher. Anyway, this Rich guy looked really tough in knocking the freakings craps out of Shamrock. At 41, Shamrock is no longer "the world's most dangerous man" but rather he is a real danger to himself if he keeps fighting. Even I could probably take him. Not!

Watching that stuff is pretty intense. It gives me the sudden urge to go down in my basement and pound on the 'ol punching bag. I'll go down there, take a few swings and be on the couch for the rest of the night waiting for my chest pains to go away.

9. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

I was going to say hybrid striper........... :B

10. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

Couture was knocked out cold and didn't get up after the fight was stopped for a good while.

flash---------------------------------------out

11. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

Couture kind of missed on a lunge/punch and left himself wide open with his fists out away from his head. Liddell hit him with a solid punch in the upper jaw/temple area and Cuture's legs folded up underneath him. He was out at this point. Liddell jumped on top of him and landed I think 2 very solid punches and another glancing punch before the ref could jump in and stop the fight.

12. catking

catking Banned

That was really neat to watch a cattinatti guy beat Shamrock.... The best fight by far was the light heavyweight fight in which Daniel Bonner (I believe his name was that ) lost to Underwood ? Crap , I'm bad at them names, anyways, but they still gave Bonner a six figure contract.....now THAT was an intense fight.....By the way, I'll throw a name from the past out there for you all- Anybody remember the I believe welterweight champ in kick boxing " Billy " Lightfoot " Johnson I believe........... Be neat to see him in one of these fights..... Heck , that Bonner guy was a black belt in Jio-Jitzu amd a golden gloves champ..... THE CATKING !!! :)

13. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

the thing that gets me is the guy from cincy who beat shamrock had a masters degree! You would think he would have more sense than that. And also shamrock was real, real close to beating him if he didn't slip out of shamrocks ankle hold.

14. Yeah, that Bonner fight was awesome. The series itself I thought was very average. Like who really gives a fudge about how these guys live in a house together and carry logs through an obstacle course set up in the desert? Cut the MTV crap and just fight. I'd say with the high ratings the show got, we will see another season for sure. Funny thing is that Couture's guys got the heck beat out of them on the TV show by Lydell's team and thats what happened when those two fought. That Shamrock dude is washed up. Him going for those ankle lock submissions all the time get old but they are effective, ask my wife!

15. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I wanted to see the pay per view, but am glad I didn't pay for it if it only stayed in the first round.........I loved the Finale though. I didn't really think Bonnar had that much in him, but Forrest didn't seem to have much stamina either. They were awesome to watch though. Each took some hard hits and stuck in there to the end. had nothing but respect for each other. Awesome to see! I am sure they will have another Ultimate Fighter show, but man those two guys will be hard to beat when it comes to a fight.