Ohio Game Fishing banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm gonna go out on a limb here. So understand I don't mean to offend you. I'm not a privileged person. However, I do get to enjoy the privileges that are our ancestors worked hard and died for. I hope that I do the same for mine. As do all of us. But I'm not looking overseas to find a moral cause. I can just look around my community and find more than I could ever hope to fix. I think only the over privileged try to fix the world.
[/QUOTE
I'm gonna go out on a limb here. So understand I don't mean to offend you. I'm not a privileged person. However, I do get to enjoy the privileges that are our ancestors worked hard and died for. I hope that I do the same for mine. As do all of us. But I'm not looking overseas to find a moral cause. I can just look around my community and find more than I could ever hope to fix. I think only the over privileged try to fix the world.
let’s not forget how our ancestors got this country and how they built it. That being said we are the greatest nation in the world and I’m very much proud of that. But with that being said it comes with responsibility to help those who can’t help themselves. To say we are try to fix the world problems by helping Ukrainian is silly. I’m not saying fix the worlds problem but in my opinion the U.S. is not doing what’s morally just for Ukrainian. But again that’s just my opinion.

And just being born in the United States makes you privileged but that’s not a bad thing as long as we’re humble.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Why is the United States Government not leading the way in finding a peaceful resolution to the war in Ukraine? Why are they sending billions in aid and arms, all while openly bragging to the media about helping Ukraine destroy Russian Battle ships and killing Russian Generals? Seems to me they have no interest in a peaceful resolution but would prefer to escalate the situation. The longer this goes on the more innocent people are going to suffer.
Our normal resolve to end it peacefully would be to give billions of dollars to both sides in an attempt to buy peace. Not that I approve of our backing Ukraine, but we’re only paying one entity not two so it’s only costing us half as much?

·
ORIGINAL TEAM OGF
5,607 Posts
Ok...I get supporting Ukraine and providing weapons and aid, but my God...the US needs to turn down the rhetoric! I see almost no talk coming from this regime regarding a diplomatic solution to all this.
Losing our wonderful nation and having our major cities and millions of American citizens turned to ash is a real threat.
We are not dealing with Corn Pop.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Why is the United States Government not leading the way in finding a peaceful resolution to the war in Ukraine? Why are they sending billions in aid and arms, all while openly bragging to the media about helping Ukraine destroy Russian Battle ships and killing Russian Generals? Seems to me they have no interest in a peaceful resolution but would prefer to escalate the situation. The longer this goes on the more innocent people are going to suffer.
Just follow the money to answer. There is more to be made for defense contractors and the politicians that prop them up, and a reason for the prty in power to be able to claim victory at a more opportune time.

·
Registered
728 Posts
The folks spewing the rhetoric have no idea what they're doing with it. They all think they can control things, idiots! All the talking heads on tv are only pushing what the think when they no so little, and the public viewer is so excited to have a front row real time seat in the information age. Why are we telling the world that we helped Ukraine blow up this ship or that aerial defense system? Some things are better unreported.

·
'Super Moderator'
13,889 Posts
The folks spewing the rhetoric have no idea what they're doing with it. They all think they can control things, idiots! All the talking heads on tv are only pushing what the think when they no so little, and the public viewer is so excited to have a front row real time seat in the information age. Why are we telling the world that we helped Ukraine blow up this ship or that aerial defense system? Some things are better unreported.
Posturing for ulterior motives that's why.

·
Registered
791 Posts
You gotta give the Ukrainians credit, they got heart. Tough setting back and watching, all we can do is support them. With that said , sure wish we would quit telling the world what we are doing to help..Puttie is getting aggitated with us! Cant we keep it to ourselfs? The media eats that up. I just wonder just how the Russian majority feels about what he is doing?
Agree . I'm more of the camp of speak softly but carry a big stick.

Kip

·
Registered
791 Posts
It is hard watching what the Ukrainian people are going through. We all have our opinions on the extent of US involvement. I do think one positive outcome if Ukraine prevails is a moral reset of the population. They are experiencing what's important in life. In some ways I wish the USA had to go through the hard times of a war on our soil. Read a story this morning of four black teenagers in Virginia doing a smash and grab on a vision center. $20000 stolen in eyeglasses. Freaking glasses.

Kip

·
Registered
169 Posts
Your biggest concern is whether or not you have enough money for fuel to go fish? Privileged much?
When you work as much as I do, support a family on one income and don't lie cheat or steal from anyone, what I value to do on my free time is my business, thank you! If that makes me privileged then you are right. Sounds like you need to go fish or crawl back under the rock you came out from.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
The Ukrainians are fighting Russia for their independence to preserve their democracy, but they are also helping us in our 70 year cold war against Russia. Ukraine is of much strategic importance to our European allies. It has gas/oil deposits and rich farmland to export to Europe. They have access to the Black Sea and are one step closer to Moscow should WW3 start. Ukrainians have shown that they want to fight hard to keep their freedom and we should continue to support them with equipment and intelligence. Maybe even a no fly zone. Helping Ukraine is hurting Russia big time without losing any American lives. This war has convinced our NATO allies to increase their defense spending big time and might get Finland and Sweden to join NATO! That is a great strategic victory. This new Ukrainian lend-lease act will help our economy by helping the defense contractors sell equipment just like before we entered WW2.

I agree that we need to be investing more in our own country. Especially education, infrastructure social support, and research, but I think it's also important to help Ukraine as much as we can without having boots on the ground.

·
Registered
113 Posts
When you work as much as I do, support a family on one income and don't lie cheat or steal from anyone, what I value to do on my free time is my business, thank you! If that makes me privileged then you are right. Sounds like you need to go fish or crawl back under the rock you came out from.
😂😂😂 Awww did I hurt your feelings?

·
On the back 9 and loving it!
10,331 Posts
The Ukrainians are fighting Russia for their independence to preserve their democracy, but they are also helping us in our 70 year cold war against Russia. Ukraine is of much strategic importance to our European allies. It has gas/oil deposits and rich farmland to export to Europe. They have access to the Black Sea and are one step closer to Moscow should WW3 start. Ukrainians have shown that they want to fight hard to keep their freedom and we should continue to support them with equipment and intelligence. Maybe even a no fly zone. Helping Ukraine is hurting Russia big time without losing any American lives. This war has convinced our NATO allies to increase their defense spending big time and might get Finland and Sweden to join NATO! That is a great strategic victory. This new Ukrainian lend-lease act will help our economy by helping the defense contractors sell equipment just like before we entered WW2.

I agree that we need to be investing more in our own country. Especially education, infrastructure social support, and research, but I think it's also important to help Ukraine as much as we can without having boots on the ground.
The Russians made a huge miscalculation here. They thought they could just waltz in and be greeted like heroes, not conquerers! I read a quote early on from one Ukrainian citizen who said that they don't need to be "liberated" by Russia. They are free already, and dont't wish to be subjugated by Russia! As far as the "pro-Russian" rabble rousers in eastern Ukraine, if they like Russia so much, they should move there!

Yes, they are fighting Russia, and doing a darn good job of it. Read an article in the paper where the Ukrainians targeted a couple of pontoon bridges the Russkies put across a river to get tanks across. They nailed them for 73 tanks and other armored vehicles! The analysis was that this was an indication of how much pressure Russian generals are under to make progress, since making such a move in an active theater is very risky. I don't care who you are, 73 tanks is a major hit! Good for Ukraine.

As far as a no fly zone over Ukraine, that's not going to happen! To put NATO air assets, piloted by NATO pilots in theater would be a direct confrontation with Russia, and might invite Putin to employ tactical nukes. And I think the little guy is just looney enough to do it! As far as diplomatic discussions go, those are probably happening, but when you're dealing with a madman, how much progress could you expect? After all, Putin has said that he views the breakup of the Soviet Union as the greatest geo-political catastrophe of the 20th century! Wow! A people finally experiencing freedom is a geo-political catastrophe! Commie to the core!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts