Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You gotta give the Ukrainians credit, they got heart. Tough setting back and watching, all we can do is support them. With that said , sure wish we would quit telling the world what we are doing to help..Puttie is getting aggitated with us! Cant we keep it to ourselfs? The media eats that up. I just wonder just how the Russian majority feels about what he is doing?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
... I just wonder just how the Russian majority feels about what he is doing?
According to reports they support him because they are being told lies by the Russian State TV and don’t know what is actually happening. 15 years in jail for calling the war a “WAR”. Family members in Russia don’t believe what their own relatives living outside of Russia are telling them about the atrocities.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
What Putin is really doing is stealing farm equipment and the food to feed his own nation. Last number I read on equipment was almost 5 million dollars worth. I guess from what else I read, Putin cant use the new equipment as it has been disabled electronically. that shouldnt take Russia long to break that though.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
In before lock :)

This is going to get much worse. I wouldn't put it past Putin to launch some tactical nukes, especially if he feels cornered. He has full authority to do so already if he wants to do so.
Don’t think there is much doubt that he will use nukes. Take a good look at his face, imagine a small brushy mustache above his lip, look into his eyes. Those are the eyes of a desperate man.
By the way, he doesn’t need anyones authority to use whatever means he chooses.
Totalitarianism at its finest.

·
Registered
342 Posts
yep he doesnt care about the people, just wants them out or gone. I dont think the people aka the country is his goal!. he just wants the space around his border. rich fields for grain and quite a variety of metals for enrichment that can be used as well as oils

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
NATO, dont worry about Ukraine. Take your forces and put them on the border of Russia. His Military is tied up in Ukraine. He will have to withdrawl from Ukraine

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
NATO, dont worry about Ukraine. Take your forces and put them on the border of Russia. His Military is tied up in Ukraine. He will have to withdrawl from Ukraine
Sounds logical but a tyrannical dictator isn’t logical. NATO is worrying about more than Ukraine. Nuclear weapons have only been bluster so far but seems likely he would actually use to them to counter such a move rather than admit defeat.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I must say, we should take care of what's going on here before we defend people across the world. Ukraine isn't worth much to us, and not anywhere near risking a nuclear war for. If this aid keeps up we won't be able to afford the gas to fish, much less food on the table. Being the policemen of the world is a noble concept, in a perfect world.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I must say, we should take care of what's going on here before we defend people across the world. Ukraine isn't worth much to us, and not anywhere near risking a nuclear war for. If this aid keeps up we won't be able to afford the gas to fish, much less food on the table. Being the policemen of the world is a noble concept, in a perfect world.
Your biggest concern is whether or not you have enough money for fuel to go fish? Privileged much?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Your biggest concern is whether or not you have enough money for fuel to go fish? Privileged much?
I'm gonna go out on a limb here. So understand I don't mean to offend you. I'm not a privileged person. However, I do get to enjoy the privileges that are our ancestors worked hard and died for. I hope that I do the same for mine. As do all of us. But I'm not looking overseas to find a moral cause. I can just look around my community and find more than I could ever hope to fix. I think only the over privileged try to fix the world.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Why is the United States Government not leading the way in finding a peaceful resolution to the war in Ukraine? Why are they sending billions in aid and arms, all while openly bragging to the media about helping Ukraine destroy Russian Battle ships and killing Russian Generals? Seems to me they have no interest in a peaceful resolution but would prefer to escalate the situation. The longer this goes on the more innocent people are going to suffer.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts