close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

UFS 91: Lesnar = New Champ!

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by H2O Mellon, Nov 16, 2008.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I thought this was a very good card.

I thought Couture would pull out the win vs Lesnar. I don't think Lesnar will be a long time champ, but man just think he's going to keep getting better w/ each each passing fight. That's right he's the CHAMP but will continue to ger BETTER. :p

For those that bought the PPV, how sick was that uppercut KO by Jeremy Stephens? I think that may have been the best uppercut I've seen.

I think we got to see a potential superstar in the making with Dustin Hazelett. This dude has some amazing submissions. Again tonight he showed us more. That rubber guard is crazy.

It was also cool to see the hometown kid Matt Brown on the card. He got a nice win, keeping alive the UFC drea,. Awesome to see that!

2. Fishaholic69

Fishaholic69 Fly Fishing Addict

randy held his own against the takedown imho. lesnar is a beast and I am kinda upset he won. I am a randy fan. I hope randy comes back for a rematch. also I hope frank mir gets to lesnar again!! I wanna see lesnar tap! I don't know about all of you but to me it was wwf all over again watching this. sable runs in the ring and all! I was waiting for vinnie mac to come out at hit lesnar with a chair.... I started watching ufc to get away from this stuff and now they invade ufc.... how do you get a title match after 3 fights and 1 being a loss? arggggghhhh. oh well what can ya do. next ppv is gonna be the shiznit!!! off the hook! ;) the uppercut owned the night! lol that was some good stuff right there! I thought it was worth it. my only question. wtf didn't george use his juijitsu skills? he stood the whole time and lost..... hes a black belt and didn't use his skill.

3. H2O Mellon

WWF/WWE or not, lets face it Lesnar can fight in the UFC, so I'm nto too worried about where he came from. Let's face it pro wrestling is like acting, so in a way Lesanr was an actor. Couture has done a couple acting bits, right? So, I don't mind the crossover, as it's not just a plubicity stunt or a quick way to make a dollar. (See Kimbo Slice). If some one can hold their own, I say do it!

As far as Couture goes, man I don't see how anyone can't like the guy. He seems like he's a 1st class guy.

4. dip

dip dip

yeah but the question is How does Lesnar git TAPPED OUT by MIR rather easily and then turn around and walk into a championship fight? turns me off on ufc......

5. H2O Mellon

Thats why I say he wont be a long time champ. Does UFC have a legit Super Heavyweight Champ/Belt? BY all mean Lesnar is actually as he barley made the 265 # limit.

6. Mirr's win over Lesnar in my eyes was a fluke, Lesnar made no mistake everyone in the UFC makes them. Lesnars a much better fighter then what he was in that fight, if Mirr and lesnar fight again i dont see it lasting more then a round

7. Fishaholic69

Fishaholic69 Fly Fishing Addict

I think the only skill lesnar has is his size. he has no stamina, jui jitsu skills, or ground game. his only game plan is to try for a knock out with his huge hands or go for a double leg takedown cause he was a wrestler and ground and pound you. he just needs to work on his skillz and stamina more and he could be unstoppable. idk I guess I am the one of those guys who likes to see the big guys get whats coming to him. I like to see the smaller guys prove to the world that size doesn't matter in a fight. its the skillz that count. I still think if Randy didn't get hit with that one shot he would of worked on lesnar for the rest of that round and he would of tired Brock out so bad he would of beat him.

8. dip

dip dip

A FLUKE? MIRR would submit lesnar every time they step into the octagon. lesnar is a meathead with power but no ground skillz.