close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ufc 83 Tonight!!

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Chuck P., Apr 19, 2008.

1. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

Don't forget to watch one of the best fight cards the UFC has had in a long time.

Serra- St. Pierre should be an absolute war. DVR is already locked and loaded and I for one can't wait.

2. dip

dip dip

GSP will bend the terror's head and i don't want to see rich git killed AGAIN. i think i'll go fishin instead.

3. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

Naw, it's raining and chilly. You're better off watching some butt kicking :)

4. -Georges St. Pierre(w) second-round TKO of Matt Serra , GSP dominated
    -Rich Franklin (w) second-round TKO over Travis Lutter
    -Nate Quarry (w) decision Kalib Starnes , Starnes looked pathetic
    -Michael Bisping (w) first round Charles McCarthy, Bisping looks good at 185
    -Mac Danzig (w) submitted Mark Bocek in the third rd
    -Jason MacDonald def. Joe Doerksen via TKO (strikes)
    -Jason Day def. Alan Belcher via TKO (strikes) -- Round 1
    -Demian Maia def. Ed Herman via submission (triangle choke) -- Round 2
    -Rich Clementi def. Sam Stout via split decision
    -Cain Valesquez def. Brad Morris via TKO
    -Jonathan Goulet def. Kuniyoshi Hironaka via TKO ,Cool fight

5. lg_mouth

lg_mouth It's Trigger Time!!!

It was a good PPV, wouldn't say it was great. Very glad to see Ace get a win, but where does he go from here? That should be Lutter's last match in the UFC. First he comes in overweight for his title shot, then he gasses at the end of the first round in this match.

Loved that Serra got dominated. Can't stand him. Next match for him looks like Hughes. If Hughes loses that one, he should ride off into the sunset.

What was the deal with Starnes? That was hillarious. He even ran away from Quarry when Quarry was doing that crazy arm swing. Then he was mad at the end when people were getting on his case. That was his last match in the UFC.

Can't wait until May 24th, looks like a great card.

lg_mouth

6. lg_mouth

McCarthy was a sacrificial lamb for Bisping. That guy has been far below par for every match I have seen him fight. Then he acts like a moron making faces at Bisping, then waves the white flag at the end of the first round.

I can't wait to see Bisping actually fight against somebody that is good. He lost against Hamill no matter what the judges say. He lost to Rashad Evans. I think he will get his butt handed to him from many of the top 185ers.

Lg_mouth

7. JUSTCRAZY

JUSTCRAZY Wurlds Wurst Spellor

I thought this would be an excellent fight card, and it was lackluster at best. The Final fight was the best to watch Serra get dominated in every aspect of the game, but Franklin looked half hearted, Quarry's match was joke, Bisping looked in a lot better shape and made for a better showing, but I can't stand him. And I would agree 100% that Hamill got robbed of a victory. There just wasn't enough exciting moments!

By the way where was Joe Rogan? It just wasn't the same without him. I work second shift now and never get to keep up to date with what is going on. Did something happen? Did he leave with Randy?

Rob

8. lg_mouth

I am not sure of where he was, but he misses some of the PPVs for his stand up stuff. Sometimes there is a conflict in schedules. I thought Florian did a pretty good job though.

Lg_mouth

9. Rogan didn't leave. He had a family committment or something. He's not going anywhere.

10. JUSTCRAZY

JUSTCRAZY Wurlds Wurst Spellor

I read up on that after making the post. He said it was a family commitment and a few other colorful statement. I love his attitude.