Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Love To Fish
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back on March 7, 2007, CW3 Billy Shults contacted us (Electric Bass Circuit) via our message board. CW3 Shults requested a fishing care package for our troops because they could not purchase fishing tackle in Iraq, and they wanted to have a tournament. We sent our troops a fishing care package, and they did have a tourney on May 6. We have not received photos from their tourney yet, but the troops did honor us with a United States Flag which was flown over the Headquarters of the Multi-National Corps-Iraq in our honor during Operation Iraqi Freedom. Included with the flag, was a Certificate and Request Form.

We thank all of our military, stateside and abroad.

Chief Warrant Officer Billy Shults with a nice asp

Chief Warrant Officer 3 Billy Shults
&
First Sergeant Bret Mellott with two nice ones

Staff Sergeant Dan Chelsea trying to catch the big one!

EBC Members With Flag

·
Lost in the 50's
2,278 Posts
Thank you guys/gals for taking the effort to do this for those serving our country and our freedom.

Thank You:D

·
Lost in the 50's
2,278 Posts
Seaturd,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I love the name man. That is the best one yet.

Afternon to ya WB.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,459 Posts
That's great guys, made me feel warm and fuzzzy knowing the guys serving in the war can wet a line and feel a "tight line" awesome stuff. way to help our troops out. although I am not for the war I am in 100% support of our troops who are there.

RIP
Jeff Boskovich 3-25
Semper Fi.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have fishing rods a spining reels has well bait casters, the fishing rods are siting in a coner in my house so ,I rader have some to give it a good use and help relaxing after all the stress in an daily basis day life...so plz let me know were to send them thx...also you can e-mail me at [email protected] com

·
Love To Fish
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have fishing rods a spining reels has well bait casters, the fishing rods are siting in a coner in my house so ,I rader have some to give it a good use and help relaxing after all the stress in an daily basis day life...so plz let me know were to send them thx...also you can e-mail me at [email protected] com

Pancho, I sent you a PM.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
That is awesome!!!! i spent my time over there and i could only wish i had a rod and reel to enjoy the time that! i did have off,. i send some care packages but never that type of stuff, great idea, im on it:B

·
Lumberjack
1,526 Posts
Ditto...I have a few rod/reel combos (1 ultra lite w/ Diawa spinning reel, Shimano Bantum baitcaster and rod, and a Zebco 33 Classic with a Lew's Stick rod) that I will gladly send to the troops, as well as some lures, soft plastics, hooks, sinkers, bobbers, etc.... Send me a PM and I will get this in the works.

·
Love To Fish
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I emailed CW3 Shults last night and informed him that a couple OGF members have tackle they would like to donate. I received an email from CW3 Shults this morning. A quote from the email follows:

I cant begin to let everyone know how happy this has made everyone. We have been incredibly busy. We are really putting in the extra hours, all for the good. I have been able to get the gear to 2 outlets that give everyone a chance to fish! When the temp hits 122 they still wet hooks!
Anyone who would like to send tackle to our troops can send it to:

CW3 Billy Shults
A 1-14FA
CAMP LIBERTY, IRAQ
APO AE 09344

CW3 Shults will distribute the tackle, giving as many troops as possible a chance to wet a line.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts