close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

U.S. Troops Fishing in Iraq

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Tom Patrick, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Tom Patrick

Tom Patrick Love To Fish

Back on March 7, 2007, CW3 Billy Shults contacted us (Electric Bass Circuit) via our message board. CW3 Shults requested a fishing care package for our troops because they could not purchase fishing tackle in Iraq, and they wanted to have a tournament. We sent our troops a fishing care package, and they did have a tourney on May 6. We have not received photos from their tourney yet, but the troops did honor us with a United States Flag which was flown over the Headquarters of the Multi-National Corps-Iraq in our honor during Operation Iraqi Freedom. Included with the flag, was a Certificate and Request Form.

We thank all of our military, stateside and abroad.

Chief Warrant Officer Billy Shults with a nice asp
    [​IMG]

Chief Warrant Officer 3 Billy Shults
    &
    First Sergeant Bret Mellott with two nice ones
    [​IMG]

Staff Sergeant Dan Chelsea trying to catch the big one!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EBC Members With Flag
    [​IMG]

2. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

Great thing you guys did. I'm sure they really appreciate it

3. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

That's really cool, thanks for sharing.

4. WB185Ranger

WB185Ranger Gotta Love Odie!

That is so Awesome :) WB

5. Thank you guys/gals for taking the effort to do this for those serving our country and our freedom.

Thank You:D

6. Seaturd

Seaturd Catcher of Fish

7. Seaturd,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I love the name man. That is the best one yet.

Afternon to ya WB.

8. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Eye Slayer

That's great guys, made me feel warm and fuzzzy knowing the guys serving in the war can wet a line and feel a "tight line" awesome stuff. way to help our troops out. although I am not for the war I am in 100% support of our troops who are there.

RIP
    Jeff Boskovich 3-25
    Semper Fi.

9. I have fishing rods a spining reels has well bait casters, the fishing rods are siting in a coner in my house so ,I rader have some to give it a good use and help relaxing after all the stress in an daily basis day life...so plz let me know were to send them thx...also you can e-mail me at f_farres@yahoo. com

10. Very nice thing to do for our troops.Thank you.

11. Tom Patrick

Tom Patrick Love To Fish

Pancho, I sent you a PM.

12. That is awesome!!!! i spent my time over there and i could only wish i had a rod and reel to enjoy the time that! i did have off,. i send some care packages but never that type of stuff, great idea, im on it:B

13. fugarwi7

fugarwi7 Lumberjack

Ditto...I have a few rod/reel combos (1 ultra lite w/ Diawa spinning reel, Shimano Bantum baitcaster and rod, and a Zebco 33 Classic with a Lew's Stick rod) that I will gladly send to the troops, as well as some lures, soft plastics, hooks, sinkers, bobbers, etc.... Send me a PM and I will get this in the works.

14. WB185Ranger

WB185Ranger Gotta Love Odie!

Hey trucked..whats shaken?? :) WB

15. Tom Patrick

Tom Patrick Love To Fish

I emailed CW3 Shults last night and informed him that a couple OGF members have tackle they would like to donate. I received an email from CW3 Shults this morning. A quote from the email follows:

Anyone who would like to send tackle to our troops can send it to:

CW3 Billy Shults
    A 1-14FA
    CAMP LIBERTY, IRAQ
    APO AE 09344

CW3 Shults will distribute the tackle, giving as many troops as possible a chance to wet a line.