close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

U-Pick Apples

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by FireMurph, Aug 23, 2007.

1. I know it's still a little early but does anyone know of any good U-Pick places in North East Ohio?
    I,ve been to Hartford but they have gone down hill over the last few years.
    Even somewhere in Western PA.

Thanks

FireMurph

2. Eriesteamer

Eriesteamer BORN TO RIDE THE WAVES

I see your looking for apples to pick and the Hartford was my first thought to.as you say they are going down.Try the adds in vindicator as theres lot in there when there ripe for picking.last but least the White House farms market in canfield is my next guess if your after good ones.there picked but good as ever.back to the adds I see a few in the Greenford area thats out near canfield.and as you say it is still to early as the apple picking goes by the calender.so and so date verses the type.I used to go get them too so know that some veriety are picked after a date.not by what you see ripe or not.The warren tribune just may list some out your way.as most I see in vindicator are out in Mahoning county.in Tribune Trumbull county.your call.hope I was of help.

3. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

i picked 4 bags from hartford last year and i didnt see anything wrong with them or the orchard. if you dont want to pick them they have them in the barn too.

4. You liked their apples? They haven't sprayed in years, they tell everyone that the weather made the apples look as bad as they do. Theirs are a lot smaller than everyone else's. Don't get me wrong the kids love it no matter what the apples look like but I just want to find some other places to take them. We already hit Whitehouse, Haus some others but just want to try some new ones.

5. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

they never mentioned anything about spraying. im pretty nimble and got most of mine from very high in the tree. im not trying to start anything, i just thought they were fine:D

6. Eriesteamer

Eriesteamer BORN TO RIDE THE WAVES

Fire you are rite on Hartfords apples. When I was there few years back it was same.they said I was to late thus the good ones here gone.and yep they where small.suppose be a bad apple year they say about that.I see why your looking for another place to get them.last get a sharron harold news paper look for some places to get them.just maybe some amish will have some.but no garrantee on this.there use to be a farmers / flea market over there in polaski Pa. that had them picked cheap.you had lot of guys selling them plus a few amish.
    plus there was a flea market in Warren over by the Rebeca williems center wed and saturdays think was days open and one up in north bloomfield.this last had lots them.either thursday or tuesday was day there open.hope I gave you some leads.the days these where open just my guess.I have not been to any these for a few years.in fall there was a farmer market in warren down 45 as my uncle sold his goods from his farm there most garden stuff.

7. tomb

tomb Tom B.

8. http://www.pattersonfarm.com/

Great place for apples and the likes!!! Used to work there when I was a kid.
    Its in Chesterland which is about 25 to 30 miles east of Cleveland right off of 90 or 271

9. For my Son

For my Son Fish to enjoy time with my boy.

I'll second Patterson's. I take my three kids there every year. Its a great day hanging out, picking apples, pumpkins, and walking around.

10. It is a great place!! too bad they had to close down the golf course, it was a very nice course. Esp seeing that it was less than a 1/4 mile walk for me to get there!

11. Patterson's is a GREAT place! :D

Best cider in the area.