close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tyson...Time to call it quits?

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by skeeziks, Jun 12, 2005.

1. After that B.S. fight last night, I think Boxing Scene put it best. Tyson is a better quitter, than hitter. Give it up Tyson. That was by-far the most sorriest fight I've ever seen you fight! :mad:

2. iwdavefish

iwdavefish Fishin' Fanatic

Tyson gave up the ghost a few years ago, he just doesn't seem to have realized it yet. Hopefully that was the wakeup call but as long as they wave cash in front of his face he'll keep tying on the gloves.

3. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

the only reason he is still fighting is to pay his debts

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Even before the fight it seemed as if he lost confidence, he stil got around 5 million, but I saw the breakdown, I think he actually got less than $10K for fighting, yes less than $10k after the allocation to the IRS & other debts.

In his prime 21 ,or 22 was there ary better? I personally dont think so. Ali could have imitated you w/ his mind, but Tyson w/ his agression, I dont think Tyson would ahve been affraid of Ali, man wish there was a way to have a fantasy fight!!!!

5. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

It will be hard for him to get any money fights anymore now that he has looked so bad in the last few he has been in. He could still win some but he has too many mental blocks now.

6. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

I bet he tries a come back in 5 years. Tyson has no other marketable skill other than his name.

7. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

in my opinion,his name ain't worth much now,either :rolleyes:

8. Its really kinda sad to see a guy go down hill so bad like that.
    In the paper today it said he was giong to Africa to do missionary work. What a joke that is. I think he might do it for a year or so and then try to get a book deal about his life.

9. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

I'm not saying his name is "good" by any means, but he's got the Ozzy Osbourne thing going. People will tune in just to see the train wreck ;)

10. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I have to hand it to the guy, he seems to have changed, but then again, I've thought that beofe. Did you notice all the tats, espically the ones on his face are no longer there. I think missionary work would be good for him, have him realize how GOOD he once had it, its going to take lots of hard work for him to get back 1/10,000th of what he had. I sure hope he make sit, but I wouldnt not be surprised to hear about him commiting suicide or someone else taking him out.

11. I agree with H20 Mellon, in his prime there wasn't a harder puncher in the sport. Hell, even at the age of 18 he was devestating! To be quite honest, I really don't think he should have fought at the heavy-weight division. He probably would have been better off fighting in a lower weight class, especially later on in his career. Oh yea, getting involved with Don King didn't help his cause either. Wether that's his last fight or not, I know one thing, I'll miss him. He brought power as well as controversy to the sport. Something the boxing world has been lacking.

12. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Don King ruined Mike Tyson.

I used to love watching Tyson fight. He was perfect for the sport. The only bad thing was, the fights usually lasted less than one round. He was an animal.

If you ever have a chance to watch 'Mike Tyson-Beyond the Glory' check it out. I've watched it a couple times. It's actually sad what the outside influences have done to Tyson (most notably-Don King)

13. Don King should be shot.........he lives off the misery of these fighters....does not care what happens to them after the $$$ hits his pockets.

Personally, I have never believed any of the accusations against Tyson. He just fit the type of personality that might rape someone. But god forbid O.J. with the countless amounts of evidence be found guilty.

I think with the right people in his corner, proper training and motivation........Tyson could still be a top fighter. Foreman, as out of shape looking as he was, should suited up into his 40's.

I'll alway be a Tyson fan, as well as a 49ner's and Bulls fan. Grew up watching those him and those teams dominate their respective sports.

14. lol wow Tyson. To be honest, I can't believe his name is still mentioned. I lost all respect for him when he lost to James Buster years ago. I knew it was the start of the end for him. And as far as being a good boxer, please that boy sucked at boxing. Only thing he was good at was being a knockout artist thats it and nothing more. And as far as going to Africa to be a missionary. I bet he comes back with aids from raping the women over there. It's alot easier to get away with over there and I say if he does go, thats why he is going. He should hook up with Al Bundy and start selling womens shoes. lol Seeing as I stopped watching his fights when he lost to James, I didn't see this last one, but I am guessing it was just as pothedic as he has been for years now. And him biting in the ring didn't help the SOB much either. Who knows, maybe thats why he is going over there. To become a headhunter and eat people.

15. Like or hate him you have to recognize that in his early years there was no one who could stand in the ring with him not smell the smelling salts. The guy had unbelievable power. That hook could put ya to sleep quick. I don't know what happened to the guy. It's like he went to sleep one night the greatest boxer in the world and woke up a side show freak at the circus. Raping women, c'mon your Mike freaking Tyson. I'm sure he could have gotten someone to give it up willingly. Biting ears, what are you a cannibal. The thing that really takes the cake though is when he said "I'll eat your children" what kind of statement is that? The guy should have been admitted into a psyche ward somewhere right then. He will never be what he once was not even close. The guy has lost his freaking mind. Missionary work my butt. I hope he never gets back in the ring.

16. So, obviously you have never played sports.......saying things is all about the intimidation. Even the most bad a** linebackers talk poo to the QB

If Tyson was such a poor boxer, why did you watch? If I was that powerful to knock a man out within the first few rounds, why drag it out? That would be like having Joe Montana on your team and playing your third string guy up until the forth quarter. I'm not a big boxing historian, but how many guys did Ali beat within seconds of the first bell?

17. He should have been out a while ago.