close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tyson Chicken Recall

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Chuck P., Nov 15, 2004.

1. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

An undeclared allergen has prompted the recall of Tyson chicken strips in three states.

Tyson Foods Inc. is voluntarily recalling 420 pounds of frozen chicken products due to the undeclared ingredient whey. The product could cause an allergic reaction for people who are milk-sensitive, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service.

The recall includes the 28-ounce packages of Tyson Fully Cooked Crispy Chicken Strips and Chicken Breast Strip Fritters With Rib Meat.

The affected packages would bear one of the following production codes:

# 3024CNQ0221
    # 3024CNQ0216
    # 3024CNQ0217
    # 3024CNQ0218
    # 3024CNQ0219
    # 3024CNQ0220

Each package also bears the establishment number P-7221, which is printed adjacent to the code on the back of the package, according to the USDA.

The chicken strips were produced on Oct. 28 and were distributed to retail stores in Michigan, Ohio and West Virginia. The company discovered the problem and is voluntarily recalling the product with the USDA.

There have been no reports of allergic reactions due to the undeclared allergen. Symptoms of an allergic reaction could include throat swelling, trouble breathing or a rash, according to the USDA. Anyone concerned about an allergic reaction should contact a physician.

Consumers with questions about the recall should call Tyson's information hotline at (866) 328-3156.

2. rockbass

rockbass Banned

The Schwan's man that stops here at the shop had an item that he had to check for with everyone because it contained whey but was not listed in the ingreds. They did not recall it though, just had to let people know.

Thanks for the notice!

3. catking

catking Banned

I quit eating the major brands ( Tyson, Butterball,etc.) years ago and now only purchase range chicken. The large companies pump WAY to many hormones into their products. I was rasied on a farm, and I'm teling you all there are NO FREAKIN CHICKENS in this world with breast and thighs as big as the ones produced by the big boys. The stuff I eat tastes like the ones we used to freshly kill and fry. There is a huge diffrence, and one that I will pay the extra price for............... Thanks for the heads up Chuck...... CATKING

4. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Catking speaks the truth. Just don't ask him about his Champion Cock :)

5. catking

catking Banned

Shakes correct- DON'T ASK :D He did :D .........~**~