Tycoon Ramps?

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Clyde Fisher, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Am I going to be able to put the boat in the water on Saturday?

Daggon Rain!

I need to fish!

2. I was down there a week or two and it was fine there is going to be a tournment down there sunday. When i was there very few stumps were visible and water was a little stainded good luck

3. Hope we don't catch all the fish on Saturday! I would hate to ruin the tournament fishing!

Oh wait... I really dont think there is a chance of that happening!
    I'm not that good! (ledgend in my own mind!)

If we do find a pattern... I'm not against sharing where when and how!
    Heck... I just need to get out of the house and wet a line!

I think we'll try to find those timber lines first and throw the kitchen sink at them. I just finished changing all the hooks on my suspending jerk baits. Brand new Mustads and man... are they sharp! I lost a few drops of blood during the change-over process. OUCH!

Thanks for the info!

4. Hello!I have alot of luck @ Tycoon,using a carolina rig,with a 6" ribbon tail worm,usally purple w/red tail,Ive caught them close to the bank,and around the timber,good luck,let me know if ya have any luck.

5. Is this tournament open or a club? Anyone have an idea?

6. its open starts at 7.00 till 1.00 i think but i do know it starts at 7.00. 20 dollars a person and i am thinking five fish limit. Just a bunch of guys from around the area get together and fish lakes close by for the fun and money.

7. Hey Noodle,do you know how I can get in touch with someone about getting in on those tourneys?Thanks alot!

8. The way it is is the lake is picked the sunday before the next tournney pm me your number and i can get the guy that runs them to call you or i can post the lake on here

9. Had a pretty good day at Tycoon. Arrived at noon thirty and had 1 in the boat within 30 mins.

We ended up with 4 LM in the 12 to 13 inch range.
    3 of the 4 came off the rip rap on a tube bait. #4 came from a shallow flat on a 4" black drop shot rig.

The best fish of the day was caught by a guy fishing in a small jon boat.
    As we fished a bank, we noticed this guy anchored about 300 yards ahead of us. He was standing up and casting but his boat never moved. Heck, I thought he was crappie fishing. As we got closer and closer, I told my buddy... "That guy's not moved since we got here and I think he's bass fishing." About that time, he set the hook on a fish and it took forever until he finally landed a PIG!

OK... I've got to ask this guy "what’s up?" We got close enough to offer a congrats and he was "all smiles". That fish was 22 inches and it had wrapped the line around a log. He stayed with it long enough to swim the fish off the log and into his boat.

That was a great catch! Kudos to Mr. Patience!

The lake is up but not as much as I expected it to be.

Good Luck to all you guys fishing for $$$ tomorrow!