close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Txtransplants last fishing gettogether!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TxTransplant, Jul 10, 2007.

1. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

I know this is last minute but Ncraft (Dave) had an idea and I liked it so here goes. This Saturday will probably be my last chance to fish in Ohio for a long while. I'd like to invite my friends here to fish a morning get together from OSP and then Hotdogs on the grill at OSP afterwards.Maybe whoever comes can bring chips and buns....drinks...etc. I get the dogs. If ya can make it post so I get a number. Archman I have a seat in my boat for you! Daylight Saturday till noon and then dogs. Maybe a big fish pot on the side.

Gene

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Gene:
    I really hate to miss this, but I have to be out of town Friday and Saturday. I truly wish I could have made other plans but just can't get the present plans changed.
    I do want you to know how much I appreciate being able to say I had some great times with you and will keep those times with me for ever. I hope you can make a trip back sometime ( ice season would be sweet:D ) and we can get together. Your never a stranger here as you know. You will be missed. Have a great day with as many members and friends as you can. I'll be thinking of you. God be with you and your wife in your new adventure. Here's to seeing you again, as I am sure a lot of us hope to.
    Take care my friend-- Dale

3. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

I would out there also, but we have a tournament that day at Delaware.
    Good luck and enjoy your last bit of fishing with local friends. :)

4. This sounds like a great idea. Who all is interested?

5. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

gene i'll be at portage from 2ish-12am...might try and stop by! see you wed.

6. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Drat! I just agreed yesterday to work this Saturday. :(
    Unless work gets cancelled I will have to miss it Gene.

Godspeed, and all the best to you and your wife. :B

7. Dixie Chicken

Dixie Chicken I AM THE VOICE OF REASON!

Gene,
    I'm another one who would gladly be there if I hadn't already agreed to fish an Erie contest this Saturday. Carl and I talked about a few things to try to get together one last time with you but my schedule has been full.

The very best to you and your family. Good luck down there.

For those that do attend beware if the Cornhole game comes out. Gene has quite the arm!!!

Larry

8. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

You know I'll be there. I have an open seat in my boat also.

9. Nick and I will definitely be there!!!

10. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

Go out with a :B BANG :B TxTransplant

tear em up in Texas as well!!

11. DANDE

DANDE DANDE

Gene Good Luck In Your New Adventures. I Cant Make It Saturday But Wish You The Best.i Enjoyed Reading Yoyr Posts. Have A Good One. Dande

12. TxTransplant

For those that can! SWEET!!!! Those that can't I understand.....it's really short notice but you'll be missed! Thanx for all the good times and memories!

Gene

13. TxTransplant

Ok guys Archman is getting to my place at 530 am. We will meet ya on the water. Just give my cell a call. I got the dogs and buns Archman has the drinks and chips NCraft has the condiments and Big Daddy lemme know. Since theres just a few we will cook the dogs at my place afterwards.

Gene

14. OK man... Nick and I will try and be on the water at 5:30 or so...

Kathy is going to bring sarah and Sam later in teh morning, probably 11:30 or so. She's making something to munch on. I'll check with her on just what it is tonight... I think it's some sort of cheesy buffalo chicken dip or something... we had it at one of my nephew's kid's birthday parties... It was pretty darn tasty...

Call me on my cell in teh AM when you get ready to go...

15. Once again, a great time on Portage Lakes. I couldn't BUY a bass out there today... Nick got 2, and of course, Gene won our $5 for biggest fish bet... Funny thing though, he forgot to take the net with him this AM so when Archman had a nice bass on, they lost it at the boat... Funny that... LOL!

Good to see you again Joel. The steelies will be in the rivers in no time and we can go get 'em! I know you let him win...

Gene, I gotta share with you, after we said our good-byes, and you and Nick hugged, he went back to the boat. That was the LONGEST trip from your place to the Old State Park I ever took. Nick was crying the whole way, and to be honest, he even got me going. We're definitely going to miss you and Terri, and we'll REALLY miss the fishing trips. I can honestly say I think of you as a brother. You're a great friend and I'm really going to miss you buddy.

Thanks for being a good friend and I'm going to try like Heck to plan a trip down your way. And yes, I'll be bringing Nick. Something tells me one day, he'll be showing us both a thing or two on the water!

Good luck with everything, God's speed, and stay safe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Those are some great pics Carl. Great fishing with you guys again.

Gene, best of luck down there in Texas to you and Terri. You're gonna be missed but I'm glad you're doing what YOU want to do. I've said this before but you are the nicest guy I've met on OGF (I'm not talking about when you're yelling at guys on the steelhead rivers when they cast over us) :) Even though Katie doesn't know you as well as I do, she's sad to see you go to. Yesterday we were talking and she goes "remember that first time we met him when he didn't even know us and he let us fish in his backyard and use all of his stuff? he was such a nice guy". Well, that sums you up right there.

I have a bunch of fond memories of fishing with you.

1. You putting me on my first non-farmpond largemouth. I love bass fishing now topwater and that's only because you showed me what to do.

2. The night crappie trips. Yeah, I got tired of you kicking my behind, but I remember one night I got you back. Of course, there was a reason why I kept breaking your lanterns :)

3. Me putting you on your first steelhead. I still remember getting there at like 5 am in the dark, and your first cast going right into the tree. But it wasn't long until you had a nice chromer on. Who can forget the doctored pics afterwards? :)

4. Fishing in your shanty at Presque. You officially spoiled me from ice fishing. No matter where I go around here, it won't compare.

There are a bunch more but these are the best ones. I've already told Katie we're coming down and she's looking forward to it too. Make sure you find some "girl stuff" for her to do when it comes down.

17. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

gene...you know how to run a trolling motor?!?!?! i'll miss you as well. atleast we cashed one check!

18. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I will never be able to go to Portage Lakes without thinking of you Gene. It's always a great time fishing with you. If your ever up this way again the boat will be waiting for you. Best wishes and don't rub in those BIG Texas fish to much or I might just have to relocate!!

19. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

Sorry about missing out on the Txtransplant gathering. Everything that others have already said about Gene I also feel. Gene will be greatly missed up here in the Northeast. I will never forget the first time that I met Gene. It was at Mogadore for Ice Fishing. No matter what Gene does, he does it with a passion. He always has the good toys as well. Especially the automatic truck starter to get the truck good and warm so when he gets off the ice he can hop into some heat.

I remember the crappie fishing at night, and the cigar smoking to call the fish in. I remember bass fishing with Gene. I remember moving to portage lakes to live on the water and becoming beter friends with both him and Terri. I will remember Cooper as a puppy and growing into an adult dog. I will remember the huge fish aquarium that had bass in it that ran Gene out of minnows daily. I will remember Gene and the Pontoon boats cutting across his fishing holes. I will remember the day that both Archman,Gene, and myself went fishing and I got my first steelie. I will remember the day on the water at Erie where both Gene, John, and myself went for walleye.

There are so many times that I will remember.

I have to also agree with Carl. I feel the same way that you and your son do, and a tear did come to my eye as I left Gene's house for the last time this weekend.

I told Gretchen that I am happy for Gene, but I am also sad to see him go. Things have really changed for me this year.

Make sure to keep an open room for me down there and I will do the same for you up here.

Best wishes, and I look foreward to many Texas trips.

Your friend,

Ben