Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With only 31 days to goose/duck season FINALLY. The last two weeks of fishing before swithing the boat back to waterfowl. It did prove it's self to be a fish catcher. Now back to the time of year that I like the most.

·
Registered
808 Posts
With only 31 days to goose/duck season FINALLY. The last two weeks of fishing before swithing the boat back to waterfowl. It did prove it's self to be a fish catcher. Now back to the time of year that I like the most.
DN, summer flew by fast! Cant wait for the early tickler get the juices flowing, good luck this year

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
The geese are starting to fly in and out of a cut wheat field next to our property every day. This is the first time that I've seen the young geese going in and out of AG fields. Up until now they've been staying around the brood ponds and eating grass.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep I take it your hunting PA also. I talked to an Ohio wildlife Officer about cormorants. He said you will probably never see it here because to many people leave mergansers float much less a cormorant.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now that lube day is done (I do it twice a year jack up the trailers clean the wheels check the bearings and adjust as needed grease and change lower unit lube in all the outboards) put the blind on and adjust it change props for duck hunting. CRAP I should have started sooner.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Now that lube day is done (I do it twice a year jack up the trailers clean the wheels check the bearings and adjust as needed grease and change lower unit lube in all the outboards) put the blind on and adjust it change props for duck hunting. CRAP I should have started sooner.
thats what ya get when ya fish too much! Started my stuff early,and soooo ready..But a confession, its the first time in 50yrs

·
Registered
517 Posts
Ohio never leads on outdoor issues always waits.If you are not a wild life biologist they don't listen to you.Had an experience at district 3 years ago what a joke.All of us hunters and fisherman don't know anything.

·
Registered
260 Posts
What’s the rules for waterfowl at muskinum watershed lakes... can I hunt off the boat? Does the motor have to be off? How far away from houses as I may try to hunt Atwood.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Two loooong days of scouting. I have 400+ on one of my farms and i can't hunt them. Oh well. I do have blind 7 at Mosquito the first week of early goose but going solo.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You too. I'm sitting here watching the decoys mallards swimming in them geese outside thinking about my baby girl I had to put down in March just not the same

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Used to be you couldn't hunt muskingum lakes till after labor day .

Beyond that I think if you just use common Sense on where you hunt you should be fine .

You have to have your motor off and forward progress ceased before you shoot .
Not supposed to run up on them , kill the motor and lay into them is the intention of that law .
What’s the rules for waterfowl at muskinum watershed lakes... can I hunt off the boat? Does the motor have to be off? How far away from houses as I may try to hunt Atwood.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts