close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Two personal best fish tonight

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by flathunter, May 29, 2004.

1. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

My son and I hit paint agin this evening.Had a blast, we both caught our personal best channel cat.Mine was a little bigger..I will let you guess the weight before I post them, they were both over 10-lb..We caught them on cut shad, and released them...The first pic is Myself
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jack...there's no fish in there :D . Great job on those channels. No idea on the weights, but they're a lot bigger than any i've ever caught.

3. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Top fish is 14# 11 oz, bottom fish is 12# 4 oz.......
    Man, that one you have looks as ugly as the one I posted a few weeks ago Dog-faced catfish.

4. congrats on the personal best. Mr.fish is right thats one ugly cat. :eek:

5. flathunter

I believe that is a male channel cat, there heads get kinda swollen up and distorted when it is close to spawning time.

6. Great fish! I love the way those males look this time of year. That's what the locals call a "blue cat". :D :rolleyes:

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Great Job Jack.

I think 75% of people would have called those Blue Cats. Looks like I'll be able to out somewhere either late 2morrow or all day Monday! I cant wait.

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I have actually given thought to giving up on the flatheads & chasing the channel cats next year. With my new job possibility (will know for sure in a week or so) my fishing opp's may be ruined this year! :( Oh well, it should be better in the long run.

Again congrats on the channels, How many did you guys gte? -PM me

9. Those are some nice channels Jack. Glad to see you quit talking all that Carp nonsence and got back to catfishin'. ;) :D We've gotten a few Channel Cats this year, but most have been small (largest is around 15"). I never seem to get into the bigger ones until fall when the go on their feeding binge preparing for winter.

Barry

10. DavidWS10

DavidWS10 Bankless Boat Trash

Great fish, Jack!!! I'd be quite happy with a couple of those for an evening's worth of fishing. I'm going somewhere this evening; I just haven't made up my mind where.

11. NICE CHANNELS, ill take a stab at the big one it will go 15 lbs 8 oz, the smaller one ill go 12 lbs 2oz,

12. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Have to laugh..... ;)
    Afterall, we all know carp are for those too lazy to fish for catfish !! :D Hard to get bait for cats. Carp are so easy to catch, just chum an area (like salt blocking or feeding deer) then just open a box of cereal or can of corn or mail order a tub of something. :confused: ( Just joking Bob...I knew you'd get a chuckle :eek: )

13. traphunter

traphunter Guest

Great fish. :) I was there today and seen a few large ones taken out of there, but not as big as thoughs. The second one looks like he has had a rough life.

14. flathunter

My fish was 13-lb 6oz...Stevens was 11-lb 4-0z.

15. crappiebub

crappiebub Justcrazy's Guide!

Nice channels guys!!

16. catking

catking Banned

" There's no fish in there" :D Seems like cwcarper and DA KING !!! have heard this before :D VERY NICE Jack and Stephen !!! I should have taken a ride over there last night :( THE CATKING !!!

17. Hobie

Hobie here fishy, fishy

Nice channels flathunter and son! I have fished that same spot many times in the past.If the cats are runnin there's always too many people with poles in the water.Last year me and a buddy saw at least a hundred taken out in less than 2 hrs.Nobody was catch and release that day.I caught a couple for the oven myself.I"m going out tonight but haven't decided where yet.Might just have to try Paint one more time.
    BTW, I've caught numorous large carp out of there also including 2 "mirrors".Just have watch out not to break off on a rock. :) I have bad luck down there for some reason.