Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy from newcomerstown just called me today about a bunch of people spoting two 4 to 5 foot gators in the tusc. river around newcomerstown. There has even been photos taken of them sunbathing on a log. We are goin down today to try and catch em. The gamewarden has allready been reported to and he is not doing anything about it because it is not and ohio speciese. The newcomerstown police is not goin to do anything either. Has anybody else heard about this?

·
Registered
152 Posts
After living in T County most of my life this is how I envision this:

2 People (less than knowledgeable) spot two gar in the water and assume they saw a gator.

They tell two other people who then claim them to be 4-5 feet long.

They tell two other people who then claim them to be sunbathing on a log.

Tomorrow they will have eaten two cats, a dog and a full grown sheep.

:eek:) I am not saying it isn't true, I just need to see the photos. :eek:)

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know what you meen but my buddy saw them yesterday and he has been an outdoorsman all his life. I personly have not seen them yet. But hopefully i will tonite. We are goin to try to catchem with a noose if that dont work it will be 12/0 gamas. and chicken on a dropline. From what he told me he saw them yesterday while he was goin home for lunch and after work everybody in the town was talking about them. I bet someone let em go cause they got too big.

·
Banned
159 Posts
I'd like to see pics. Chutesgoer, you envision is probably correct for TCounty. I'm floating the Tusc. tomorrow anybody know a good bait for gators? haha. If they really are there somebody released a pet.

I've heard human's are great **********....just hook em through the back of the neck and let em swim around under a empty milk jug used as a bobber. Once the milk jug goes under and stays....set the hook.
Don't forget your gaff!

·
Registered
16,822 Posts
Maybe this is the gator that was in the Chagrin last year. It's migrating south..

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its confirmed i got to see one this evening. My buddys was swimin to it and a a$$ threw a rock and hit it in the head. The gator swam into the mirky depths and we didnt see it any more. It was on a log jam rite below the 258 bridge. got a pic on my phone but that was it.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Quote : My buddys was swimin to it and a a$$ threw a rock and hit it in the head. (Hey y'all Watch this) And what was he going to do if he had gotten there?

·
Defensor Fortis
4,379 Posts
My buddys was swimin to it and a a$$ threw a rock and hit it in the head.
Is your buddy retarded or what? He knows that they can eat people? I was stationed in Florida for three years. They eat dogs, cats, and an occasional swimmer every so often. Who ever threw that rock may have saved your buddy's life. As far as the ODNR not doing anything, I think that is a load of crap.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No we are just ******** that like to live on the edge. We noodle snappers in the 30 pound range so why not a 15 pound gator

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
guys guys, dont tell the guy he shouldnt swim after gators. let them remove themselves from the gene pool.
that being said, I would think that you could call some reptile rescue place or the damn zoo and maybe get someone to go get them that has a clue and wont kill them like a stupid freeking ******* to show his buddies.

·
Registered
564 Posts
guys guys, dont tell the guy he shouldnt swim after gators. let them remove themselves from the gene pool.
that being said, I would think that you could call some reptile rescue place or the damn zoo and maybe get someone to go get them that has a clue and wont kill them like a stupid freeking ******* to show his buddies.
Newspaper said Zoo can't take them and the rescue in Cinnci told the Sheriff to catch them and send them to them in Cinnci because they won't send anyone to Tusc. County.
Game Warden basically said they won't do anything because it isn't an Ohio species and it is an exoctic so it is fair game I guess.
Maybe the OP's friend needs a new pair of boots, a belt or a new Alligator wallet?:D

·
Registered
52 Posts
I went down under the State Route 258 bridge to see the "Gator" tonight. Saw nothing. Gator was in hiding. Just a group of locals staring at a logjam. Saw a long lost buddy from highschool with his kids down there. Plenty of parking beside the bridge. If your in the area stop by it's great! There is a area taped off on the bridge directly over the "Gators Lair" I guess to prevent falls and to keep people from dropping food to it. A TV reporter was interviewing a sherriff though. Couldn't tell what station, it was a unmarked white TV van. I'm just happy to see my old hometown, Newcomerstown, back in the freakshow spotlight. Now we need another bear sighting or or mountain lion, Bigfoot, UFO?. Who doesn't like a little excitment in an otherwise boring town? The Police? Nah. It gives them something exciting and fairly safe to do.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts