Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Since we have had so warm weather this past week my grandson and I went on two bluegill fishing trips. The first time we got good live bait of wax and red worms at a mom & pop bait shop. We got our lines in lake around 13:30, as usual there was a strong breeze on the water. We tried the first spot for about an 30 minutes, no bites so drove to another part of the lake. Stayed there for another 30 minutes, same results, no bites, so we headed to another lake.

The second lake was smaller but not much wind, and clear water. The fish also did not give us any action at all. Finally called it a day around 16:45 and headed home. We were disappointed believing the bluegills would be somewhat active.

Our second trip we tried to get bait at the large stores, but they had not stocked any bait as yet. Drove to the park anyway, the place was filled with folks enjoying the fine weather. We tried our fake red worms and some scraps of KFC chicken skin for bait. I did get a couple of nibbles on the chicken skin. At 14:30 my grandson did catch his first bluegill of this year! He did get a a couple other taps but that was it. We decide to try a small lake on our way back home. We both got some taps there but no strong bites. We called it a day and head back home around 16:45.still great to able to spend time together fishing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts