Two 3 pounder Largemouth and First signs of Rock bass

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by FactuaL, May 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FactuaL

FactuaL Banned

fished for about 3 hours today with my finesse drop shot tactics and Boom a 3 pounder 19 iches. Then it started to get bad with the wind and all but i just fished the wind blown bank and started to get nice hits off and on. Mostly sunfish rippin the crawlers up. But did manage to get some nice 10 and 11 inch rock bass.. Fish Ohios, nothing new to me.. I catch dozens of slab rock bass eveery spring and summer.. I also managed to hook into a nice bass right when i thought i was stuck on a piece of underwater structure.. Thanks to the drop shot technique i got that female right out a There.. These bass were giving me a nice workout on ultralight gear with 4 pound test..

i still anticipate the Rock bass rush in about 2 weeks or so due to the o so many Cold fronts.. this is unstable weather for any fish trying to move to the shallows..This weather is piiiisin me off.. LoL ..

:eek: But like i always say

2. nice job man!!!

3. nice.. i cant even catch the seaweed

4. MuskieJim

MuskieJim Trophy Tamer

Fish Ohios, nothing new to you. I'm impressed.

5. FactuaL

FactuaL Banned

Thanks guys you're the best...

6. Did you get your bass from erie?
    I noticed from your previous post that you were fishing the yacht club area. Keeping bass is prohibeted during this time on erie.

Species Daily Limit Minimum Size
    Largemouth, Smallmouth & Spotted Bass Illegal to possess (May 1 - June 27)

5 - (Singly or in combination; June 30 - April 30)

7. creekcrawler

creekcrawler Konfused Kayaker

Good job! Doesn't get any better than getting them on an ultralight!

8. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Bit by Musky bug

:p
    LOL yeah really, who doesn't catch fish ohio's if I kept track of fish O's I would need a secretary to help me :p :B

9. I was wondering the same thing.

10. Just about every rock bass i catch out of lake eire is a fish ohio. They really need to remake the size for the rock bass. I use to catch a ton fish ohio rock bass at the NEyacht club. My biggest was 13 1/4 inches long. But usually they are around 7-10" fish ohio being a 9"er.

11. FactuaL

FactuaL Banned

where in the hell do you catch 13 inch rock bass.. where is Ne yacht club.. i caught close to 400 Rockbass last year and nothing bigger than 11 inches.. What year was this..

12. bassmastermjb

bassmastermjb The Lucky One

The fish you are catching out of Lake Erie are called Warmouth Bass, not Rockbass.I catch them on size 14 Husky Jerks all summer long while trolling for walleye........Mark

13. FactuaL

FactuaL Banned

Hey dude they are called Rock bass not war mouth. Don't argue with me im right your wrong.. i will research this and let you see the difference yourself..

14. bassmastermjb

bassmastermjb The Lucky One

All you have to do is look at the pamphlet you get when you purchased your fishing license, and sorry to you dude,I'm right.No reason to get upset..............Mark
    PS.......Thanks for the pic OhioU98

15. Well, where the Bass fromn Erie?

16. FactuaL

FactuaL Banned

the largemouth is from my freinds pond.. You keep asking me like your the police. Move on quit bugging me about the bass.. thank you .. A pond...Does that make you feel better.. does it.. A pond...

17. FactuaL

FactuaL Banned

I wish you randoms stop trying to argue with me.. I am a panfishing guru.. I study my fish and the ways they behave certain times of the year. But you insist on challenging me on the Rock bass topic.. You posted the Warmouth pics on this thread well im going to show you why your wrong dude..The warmouth does not have red eyes nor does it have horizontal bars on its sides..

Your warmouth does not have red eyes or horizontal bars..Also the warmouth has a jaw like the smallmouth bass with a large bluegill body.. But you insist on challenging me well you lose and you should feel stupid.. Leave it alone.. If your not a panfish pro like me then don't challenge me.. I win.. I hope you learn something from this post like being able to distinguish a rock bass from a Warmouth...

Heres a pic of a Rock bass.. I have been fishing erie for Rock Bass for 17 years and have not hooked into one Warmouth.. I fish just about every day and have major skills but anyway..Here

This is A rock bass pic http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/1180912467033981381rDrRgJ?vhost=outdoors
    Do you see the Red eye.. They also call it the Google eye or green /olive sunfish..Rock bass must have a Red eye.. Or its not a rock bass...

This is a pic of your Warmouth. I am confident that the people of OGF will stand behind me when i say im right your wrong.. There are no large populations of Warmouth in the Central Basin of lake erie.. Everyone here knows that the fish are indeed Rock bass and not Warmouth.. Get an Fish identification card so you can catch a rock bass and a Warmouth and distinguish the two apart.. Thanks anyway..

your warmouth pic http://lanier.sam.usace.army.mil/fishing/Warmouth%20Bass.htm

18. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

ok guys,keep this conversation civil.you can disagree all day,but don't start getting personal.

19. FactuaL

FactuaL Banned

Hey misfit what do you think about this topic are we catching the rock bass or wat..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.