Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity what's the best color for twister tails right now and what's the best way to fish them? Just trying to catch anything at the moment at alum from the shore? Everything is greatly appreciated

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
558 Posts
Cant go wrong with white. Now you need to ask what size grub, weight and color of jighead and should I tip it...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
2 1/2 inch will catch anything... jig head around 1/4 oz (I don't think jighead color is that big of deal, but just me)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks everyone I just got back home didnt even get a bite on twister tails rubber worms a zoom super fluke or dip bait for catfish >.< so slow on alum right now slightly frustrating

·
Registered
780 Posts
I like 1/8 ounce road runner with 3 inch mister twister I like the chartreuse / silver speckled ones myself. I only carry white and the chartreuse.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I doubt a 4" is too big. I've caught a 8" bass with a 8" worm before and he's swallowed the whole thing. Alum has been tough for me this year. I probably won't go back till it cools off.

On another note how are you fishing them?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah it's been a rough year all around had more luck at the scioto but just casting from shore and reeling slow sometimes faster some casts hopping it off the bottom I'm not really sure how to do it just started using soft plastics this year

·
Registered
780 Posts
I use a 1/4 ounce roadrunner not a 1/8 ounce like I posted before, :) The 1/8 would be a small hook for a bass :) some one posted on here a while back they used the white roadrunner and white twister tail on Hoover and did real good with bass that were chasing shad

·
Off The Hook
446 Posts
Aother vote for mister twisters and roadrunners. Twisters you cant go wrong with white or chartreuse. I like the roadrunners with the willow blade i only use them when Im fishing the lake for saugeye i use the cheaper unpainted jigs for river fishing.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Big Bait= Big Fish, although in the summer months and clear water down size to small sizes and you will be surprised what you may catch. The fish can get very finicky and a arsenal of all different sizes and colors will work. Good Luck

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Big Bait= Big Fish, although in the summer months and clear water down size to small sizes and you will be surprised what you may catch. The fish can get very finicky and a arsenal of all different sizes and colors will work. Good Luck
Yes sir. This is just a 4" twister that was put on an ounce and a half Bucktail leadhead when nothing else would work on the Ohio River earlier for Wipers this spring. You just can't imagine the combinations that can be put together and used to catch fish! Also a Superfluke on a big leadhead with a Sauger about half the size of the bait. Try anything , but this time of year on the Scioto in Portsmouth, I like to use a Roadrunner jighead rigged with a tiny fluke under a float.I don't really use twisters much, unless someone is slaying them. I will use Charlie Brewer Sliders, which is a paddle tailed grub, but I use more sluggos, flukes and tiny flukes more than anything, outside of Marabou Crappie Jigs.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts