Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
188 Posts
drove by the other day saw quite a few people stayed maybe five minutes didn't see anything pulled in and didn't check stringers. Was a nice day, don't know if everyone was there because it was nice or fishing was good.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Someone told me the cats were big out there years ago. I have spent several nights out there with nothing but small catfish. Keep trying, mayby I will see you up there!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I fished there once or twice over the years with very little luck. but after last summer I will never go there again. That entire lake on the west side dried up. You could see even in the middle the water couldnt be more than 3 feet deep even under normal conditions. You just arent going to get fish in water that is that shallow all the way out.

·
Banned
790 Posts
That place was a damp, mud field at best for most of the summer last year.
I drive by it often and kind of scratch my head when I see people fishing it. I mean, the actual river/resevoir is just right across the street.

·
188 Posts
It's a funny place. I wouldn't just drive by and pooh pooh it in early spring. I think as it's shallow the water warms up a allot faster than the river and fish move into it early. Ok, I know fish move into it. I don't always fish it. Only one time this spring. Other years have had some, I wouldn't say fantastic days but not sorry I pulled the truck over by any means;) Wouldn't waste my time the rest of the year.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I enjoy twin lakes and there are definitly fish in there, I have caught more catfish in twin lakes then another area this summer, just not very large. Past 3 times I have been there the catfish seem to always start hitting a midnight for about an hour.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Fished there on the north end a few times, caught 1 small LM bass last year, then saw how shallow it actually was from the drought of 2008. Looks like there is a small feeder stream from the hills, but it really appears to be more like backwater from the south side portion. I see alot of bank fisherman on the south side, but not sure if or what they catch. I would assume cats and carp. Good place to drown worms, but that may be it.

·
name of Alex
4,719 Posts
Look at it on the satellite images, there are two streams that join there. When it was dry last year, you could see the two channels in the mud flat. Normally it's all just below lake level. There's a heron rookery on the north fork.

There is much more to that park, you can go past the cable at the ramp and walk far back into the ravines. There are concrete picnic tables surrounded by weeds and trees, which says the city long ago stopped maintaining these areas. You can find mature woods like in Highbanks, or walk the mown paths in the meadows. (I _think_ they're still mowing them, I haven't been back there yet this year.)

Anyway it's a place to consider when you're looking for somewhere to let the family romp around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts