close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Twin Creek, Preble County

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishmasterflex, Jul 29, 2008.

1. fishmasterflex

fishmasterflex Fish Master

Has anyone fished twin creek recently. I was wondering how high the water is and what the water clarity is like.

2. floated & fished about 7 miles down from Germantown Dam this past weekend.

Fishing was good on Tiny Wee Rebel Craw in the riffles just below or just above. I caught about 10 smallies in the 10-12 inch range and a few rock bass, and dark green tube with chartueuse tail (friend caught many smallies and rock bass on these, I had no luck with the tube or 7 other colors that i tried. Can't figure the #@*# tubes out. Have yet to catch a fish on them. Personally I don't think the fish like tubes. I have only see about 4 fish caught on any tube ever).

Back to the question, on Saturday - Water was very clear, could see down about 5 ft. water level was perfect, just a hair over normal.

looking at the USGS stream flow update. water level is at or just below normal levels. Should still be very clear.

3. I haven't floated the LMR and tried a tube but I have the absolute best luck on a tube by a steady constant slow to medium speed in the GMR. I catch smallies, saugeye, walleye, and even got a 10# channel cat on one. I normally fish below dams. A chartreuse strike king salt impregnated tube is my go to bait.

4. I tried them with a jig head, tried them texas rigged, and tried them hook like a grub (hook through the top end).
    Fished them just tossing them out and sitting there, tried very slow retrieve (like a worm), and just floating through the current.

not even a bit, even had the same color that friend had on who said he had caught countless numbers.

NOTHING WORKS?!?

5. Ajax

Ajax Rapala Snagger

I have the same issues when fishing with Berkley power grubs on a 1/8oz jig head. I've tried every presentation possible. I rarely get a bite unless I drop the lure right on the fish. When I reel it in I rarely let it touch the bottom. That's where I have the best luck. But usually, I have no luck and switch back over to a crankbait.

6. When I'm fishing in the rough waters right below a dam, I use a 1/4 or 3/8 oz. Jig. I don't think it matter if you put the jig up into the tube or if you hook it through the body. I just normally hook it through the body in case I want to switch baits quickly because I only use one pole. I use an 1/8 oz in calmer water. If the tube really doesn't work, try a small white twister with a white 1/8 oz jig. I beat em up in the LMR with that.