close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Twin Creek Carping and Bassing

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by GMR_Guy, Sep 7, 2004.

1. I went to Twin Creek today. It's a place that I've oly been to one other time. The first hole that I fished had quite a few carp in it. The carp, though cautious at first, were quite happy to gulp bread off of the surface. As the competitive feeding atmosphere heated up, they let their guard down. The first hooked carp inexplicapbly broke my line after taking my bread. The shiners and chubs were giving me fits, so baited the same area wth sweet corn, in a couple of minutes, there were mud trails and shadows in the area of my corn. Two approximately 22" carp fell for sweet corn and a third ran the length of the entire hole, cutting my line on a boulder. There were no giants there, but it is always fun to watch fish feed. Speaking of feeding, schools of minnows were occasionally being ran towards shore by bass, but I couldn't catch them.

I went to another hole that had some submerged trees and stunps with some decent current flowing over it. In 15 minutes, 5 smallmouth, 2 of them 10 to 12" fell for a 1/16 oz Roostertail retrieved fast below the surface. The bass definitely wanted a fast retrieve and it was fun watching my Roostertail disappear in a boil of water. The bass ignored slow and medium retrieves. Fast and just beneath the surface is what they wanted.

These were my first ever Twin Creek carp and smallmouth, and I must say that I'm going to have to hit the creek again.

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

heyy..i LOVE that place..went there looooong time ago and did killer on smallies..one of the best fishing at that time..used to fish mid afternoon til late with breaks at the baitshop for some beers and pool..never tried carping there before..

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Sounds like a fun time, congrats on your catch!