close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Twenty Minute Fight

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by ngski, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hooked into this hawg, in the shallows out east. Took a Estaz Colored Salmon egg I just tied the night before. Just wish the water was deeper to get those really crazy runs. Made a few jumps out of the water, twenty minutes later I got em close enough to the shore to land em.

Landed another smaller one but this was the best highlight of my rookie season. Just started last year fly fishing for Steelhead.

[​IMG]

2. beautiful fish must have been one hell of a fight. congrats on the nice catch.

3. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

simply beautiful!!!

Gratz...

flash---------------------out

4. Very nice, I am going to try and hit the wall monday

5. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

Nice!
    I sure love the fight of the early run steelhead!

6. Fishaholic69

Fishaholic69 Fly Fishing Addict

20 minute fight!!! what the hell am I getting myself into! lol. this is my 1st year for the steelies!

7. Congrats on the fish! I sure hope you took that one home. If not, it's probably floating somewhere.

8. Steelie Junkie

Steelie Junkie Banned

20 minutes to land a fish?? What were using 6X tippet?? That's pathetic and I wouldn't be surprised if that fish later died. I can't believe that some people are actually praising him.....

9. its ok to take a fish home its put and take fishery, but if you trying to catch and release in these temps your out of your mind sorry to speak my mind. Please next time dont fight your next fish for 30 minutes!

10. joe01

joe01 Functional Fisherman

nice fish, forget the - comments

11. Justin S

Justin S c-ya on the water

some of us do eat steelhead!!! also the reason some of us fish for them is THE FIGHT!!! so why dont you take your attitude and shove it.

P.S. nice bullet!!

12. Ngski, thats a nice fish , I wish Ide had taken more time with my first steelheade , (It wound up in the smoker)Tasted Great !! and sharring it with my dad and uncle is one of my favorite memorys.
    dont let any comments or post from a few or SINGLE idiot stop you from doin what you enjoy, im sure youve given more than what youve taken ,
    IE tax dollars and licenses fee's pay for the management and stocking of these fish and even if you ate one your better than any A hole that bashes you for doin so, in my eyes You are the sportsman , not someone called (JUNKY)

13. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

ok guys,keep it civil.
    the fact that you may not agree with certain "comments",does not give you license to reply with comments of your own that are worse.and name calling definitely is not necessary,nor will it be tolerated.
    and for those who would play "fish police",the guy makes a post about enjoying a great fight,and you immediately make assumptions and/or offer up criticism for no good reason.
    no wonder people get "gun shy" about posting reports:(

btw,congrats on the nice fish:B

14. Using 4lb tippet, that's what I usually use for gin clear conditions. After landing the fish I took extra care reviving the fish and ensured that the fish swam off on it's own. Belive me I appreciate the sport and love catching steelies and I've seen the opposite, gutted carcuss lying around shore just because someone needed eggs.

Guess you don't fly fish too much for chromes. Can't expect me to break off my fish after investing time trying to land the guy.

15. Not trying to insult or belittle you, however, a 20 minute fight in 65-70 degree water is fatal regardless if they swim away. Many people think that if they swim away, they'll live. That's not always the case. Those fish should be taken home or given away.

16. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

Maybe it felt like a twenty minute fight? Regardless of time, I still think the pic of the fish is beautiful.

flash----------------------------out

17. 20 Minutes!!!:eek: :eek: What the heck dude?? Where you fishing a 2wt with 1# or what? The fact that you let the fish go is even worse. Give yourself a pat on the back for needlesslly wasting a fish. Either stop exagerating or learn to fight a fish before you continue wasting these great gamefish because of inexperiance.

18. Misfit is right , I should not of started name calling, GUYS .. Im sorry!Ill never do it again.
    I just felt the guy was trying to share his first experience with the board and instead of some guidence from veterans , he got bashed and that PssD me off .
    So instead of name calling ....I will only smoke one steelhead per negative post.So if you care so much for the fish we have all restored ..try to frind a positive angle to disagree.

19. One of the reasons I won't post other than a comment!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.