close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

TV comes on by itself

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by iam20fan, Nov 22, 2007.

1. i got a hdtv and sometimes it turns on by itself. is this normal? send it off for repair? its 11 months old

2. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

I woke up in the middle of the night last week and my HDTV was standing at the foot of bed watching me!! :eek:

Doesn't sound normal to me, I'd get it looked at before the one year factory warranty expires.

3. I think I saw a movie about this once! If you unplug it and it still turns on on its own you might have a problem...

4. athensfishin'

athensfishin' Fighting the Man

Don't go into the light.

5. Check your remote for a stuck on/off button.

6. Fishers of Men

Fishers of Men Senior Member

are you sure it was the tv and not a voyeur in disguise?:D

7. BIGG MAN

BIGG MAN JOE

Check your on/off timer. I have mind set to go off at midnight so if I fall asleep I don't leave the TV on. an set to come on six to watch the news

8. harle96

harle96 Draggin Meat

LMAO...I was thinking the same thing.

9. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

we lived in an apartment once and the people beside us had the same brand TV we turned each others on and off all time

10. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

Ditto!!! But stay out of the light :rolleyes:

11. Justin S

Justin S c-ya on the water

check the sleep timer

12. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

Sometimes we leave our remote on the couch and our lab will climb up to sleep. He will inadverently lay on the remote and the TV will turn on. It happens to us all the time. Until we actually seen him do it, it took us a while to figure it out. We were ready to call ghost busters lol.