close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tusc. Thursday night.

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by rockbass, Aug 13, 2004.

1. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Me and my uncle floated the Tusc from below Gnaden to Port Washington. We did not get in the water until about 430, so we had to hurry it. We could have made it a 5-7 hour trip, but we did not really take much time fishing any good areas. Lack of daylight left plus looked like it was going to start raining any second. Not a bad trip considering we did not fish as thouroughly as we should have. I ended up with 3 saugeye and a small smallmouth and my uncle caught a nice 15 inch smallie. It was fun. we also had a few misses each. Also was my first float trip on the tusc in quite a while, so I was not upset with the results.

If you are going to fish the tusc, we really concentrated close to cover after we tried everything else. Mostly steeper banks with wood. jig and grub and jig and pig. I mean real close to cover.

2. We'll have to plan a river trip. :D

3. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I know I know after thursday's quickie down the river, I am itching to go back out!

4. I've floated the river from north of Bolivar to West Layfayette ( not all at once ) since the late 70's and I still chub up every time I think about hitting it again. I'm thoroughly dissapointed at the amount of time I get to spend on the Tusc., but a guys gotta make a living and there's that family thing too. :rolleyes:

5. rockbass

rockbass Banned

That cracks me up! :D