Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

tusc river

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by catfisherman, Jun 18, 2004.

1. Has anyone ever fished the tuscarawas river in tusc county for big cats. or if anybody else knows were there is a river or lake that is producing big cats let me know. i usually go to the ohio river but this yr with all the rain and gas prices i cant afford it. thats a 2 hr drive for me. so im looking for something around stark or tusc county areas. thanks
  2. 'Rude Dog

'Rude Dog 'Tusc River Rat

the tusc. holds big cats, both channels, and flatheads - but, with all of this rain, and the fact that the dover dam is closed, with lots of water behind it, it probably wont be fishable for at least two weeks - fyi, 'Rude Dog.

3. Guys,

I too would like to try the Tusc for channel & flathead cats. My brother is coming up over the 4th & is a big catfish fan (fishes the Great Miami in Dayton). I told him I'd try to find a nice catfish location.

Can anyone give me a little help on Tusc catfishing? What I could really use is:

1. Where can I launch a 14' boat (I live just north of Canton) that provides good access to a few holes

2. Maybe point me in the direction of a hole or two where I might find some flatheads.

Thanks for the help!

4. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Try behind the Buehlers in New Philly on downriver a ways....
  5. 'Rude Dog

'Rude Dog 'Tusc River Rat

lots of good area to try-mostly bank fishing, although you can launch @ dover ski club($ 2.00 launch fee, "honor system") -which will get you about 1 to 1 1/2 mi. upstream, you can also launch just below the water treatment plant in dover - p.m. for more details, good places to fish -I sure hope the tusc goes down soon- need to do some night fishing for cats !!!
  6. how about giving me some info on how to find those 2 spots to launch and so ideas were to try
  7. does anyone know the water level of the tusc. river. is it worth fishing for cats right now or should i give it another week
  8. we are getting nice cats at the treatment plant whenever the water is above the small culvert,throwing down toward middle.5 to 8 lbs biggest so far but there is bigger.
  9. Thanks for the info guys!

Anyone ever tried the Tusc between Massillon and upstream to Clinton? I've ridden my bike along the trails here quite a bit, and rarely see anyone fishing except in a couple of spots. One guy I talked to said that he caught a 45" musky a few years back between Canal Fulton & Clinton. Since the guy had a landing net with him bigger than my boat's musky net, there's a good chance there is some truth there!

I see many canoes in this section, and have considered taking my old 14' fishing boat down there, but have never tried it. If I knew there were some nice flatheads & down there, I'd like to target them.

- Dave