close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tusc. River Tonight

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishing_marshall, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Fished the river in new phila by new towne mall. Caught 2 smallmouth. 8in.and 10 in. then lost one that was easily 3 pounds. using a pumpkinseed tube and a shad rap.

2. Which lure did you have the 3 lber on?

3. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Yeah what Action said! Or was it a combination of shad rap and tube?? :p

Hey action, I am working on having a smallie tourney on sat Sept 4th. I will post it when I get it all figured out!

Oh yeah and remember that boat I bought from you, well Mr fishing marshall has it now! unless you knew that already! :D

4. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

youve had better luck then ive had here lately. ive been fishing the stillwater crick here in uhrichsville because the river has been dead for me. check out my posts. after sunday when no one could catch much of anything you go out and get 3. go figure !!

5. the 3lber was on a shad rap.
    i caught 1 8in. smallie monday night and i'm going in about half an hour to try again.

6. fished the river behind the hampton inn in new phila.
    i caught a 19in. largemouth , my brother caught a 11in crappie , 12in. smallmouth , and 8in. rockbass. all on white grubs.

7. rockbass

rockbass Banned

That is a nice largemouth anywhere, but catch that in the Tusc and that is one hell of a fish! Good going! I have always wondered if that area was good fishing. Now I know! ;)

8. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

thats one darn nice largemouth, isnt it strange how many largemouth are coming out of the river this year. i hope the catfish bite saturday night, i tried 3 different spots and all i caught was a 16 inch white sucker on shrimp. forgot to thaw my liver out so all i had was shrimp. :mad:

9. I've caught largemouth up to 5lb in the river and seen bigger. I've was telling that to the guys at Brians Tournaments last year and they thought I was lying. One day me and my wife caught 9 keepers. Thats why I would rather fish a bass tourney than a just smallmouth tourney. Good catch guys, glad to here when someone knows whats going on at the river. Age has nothing to do with experience.

10. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I knew there were largemouth in the river, I just have never caught any with any size.

Action -- I am planning on a smallie tourney, but I think that since anyone can go to a lake and catch a largemouth, it wouild be tougher to catch only smallies. I know guys like you would not cheat, but I know others would. I think it would be a better challenge for smallies only. I will try it to see how it goes!

11. There's lots of ponds around the river loaded with smallmouth. If somebody wants to cheat, they're going to no matter what. I prefer smallies but do catch alot of largemouth in my river quests. I'm good with whatever species you come up with other than bottom feeders.

12. rockbass

rockbass Banned

That's true too. I don't think that many who would enter will cheat any way! Unless they are not real fisherman! :D