close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tusc. River over the weekend

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishing_marshall, Oct 21, 2007.

1. 10/19 - Went out a little before dark hoping for some saugeye and maybe a pike. Ended up catching a 4lb bowfin first cast with a spinnerbaits. No eyes were hitting, but just before I was about to leave something hit the rogue and almost ripped the rod out of my hands. It was another bowfin 4.5lbs

10/20 - Caught 2 small bass and then found the pike. I caught 2 (27 and 24 inches) My brother caught a 24in pike and we all missed a few fish. They were slamming spinnerbaits right as we were getting ready to pull them out of the water. I caught one of mine on a jerkbait and had one fish bite me off on a Xrap. The rest of the fish hit big spinnerbaits.

10/21 - Got out for about an hour today. Missed a hit on a spinnerbait. Went to cast back to that spot with my strike king suspending minnow and cast over a branch. I let the jerk bait bob up and down on the surface and the pike slammed it. Ended up being a small 22incher.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sounds like a pretty decent weekend josh, Congrats on the fish!

3. fishing_Marshall - Nice fish, all caught from shore it looks like.

My dad floated the river yesterday. Between him and his buddy they managed 20 Smallies, and two decent pike.

4. what part of the mighty tusc are ya fishin?

5. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

i fished the Tusc last night for pike and had 6 or 8 pike swipe at my suspending jerkbait and miss it !! i had some really big fish follow up that just didnt get the bait !!! i was using a strike king KVD wild shiner (chrome & black) and they were chasing it big time but for some reason were just swiping at it and not getting hooked !!!

6. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

looks like fun josh. good that you got out because things will be way different after this week of steady rain.

7. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

floated the tusc sunday with other members of the fish ohio canoe club. all i got was a 24 inch pike.

Attached Files:

8. is the fishin good from say navarre to bolivar? grew up aroundthere, kinda know my way around those waters.

9. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

never fished that far north myself, too many good spots farther south.