Tusc river launches

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by bttmline, Nov 26, 2007.

1. bttmline

bttmline E.B.C.C. Founder

I need some places to launch on the Tusc. I used to launch at the State Dam but it is now blocked off. If anyone knows any place to get some access in the Midvale or Tuscky area, I would appreciate it. I have 4 wheel drive so a little mud doen't scare me. Thanks in advance.
    Tim

2. there is a nice ramp right after you cross the bridge over the river. from 36 turn at the Y-Tavern bar, when you go over the bridge it is the first left. also there is a great ramp behind the gnadenhutten water plant. I like this ramp better BC the water is a little deeper there. hope this helps. PM me if you need any better directions.

3. I wish they would keep the Tusky State Dam open. I enjoyed launching there if I could only do a short float, now I have to launch from new phila to float by that area.

4. bttmline

Thanks V-Max, I know those 2, i was sort of looking for some others that may get me into some less traveled areas. I would be happy to find some even on the Stillwater or on the Tucs closer to Newcomerstown.
    I agree with you Marshall about the State Dam, If it is a State dam you would think the state would allow people to use it but a handfull of a**-holes thought it made a better dump.
    Tim

5. there is one between nc'town and west laf. Take rt. 36 toward coshocton and turn left onto rt. 751, when you cross the bridge take the first left and the ramp is right beside the bridge.

6. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

our canoe club launches at the 258 bridge in newcomerstown, not a launch but a small jon boat or canoe, you can slide it down the bank.

7. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

we also launch i think it is river rd by the high school in newcomerstown. even less of a good launch site.

8. bttmline