close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tusc. River Float Trip Oct. 16

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Action, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Talked to the guy and it's a go. $25 a canoe for the Tusky to Gnaden float, sorry I thought it was 2 dollars cheaper. If you bring your own canoe its $5 to haul. The plan so far is to meet at Gnaden boat ramp at 8am, that can change if needed. This guy pulls his trailer with a truck so we might need to make a plan that involves a van. The back of the truck can get cold at 8am.
    Feel free to post any important questions on here. PM me any un-important questions. :D If anyone wants to go let me know. I know your going Sauguy, do you need a canoe? The river float is an awesome way to see the fall and catch some fish.

2. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

we need a canoe. this will be fun. hope more from this site go too.

3. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Hey action, where do they put in at Tusky since they are working on the bridge and the area under the bridge is blocked off. At least I think it is. they have equipment sitting there

4. We use the primitive ramp on River Bottom Road. Some of the best fishing is long before you get to the bridge. You got the old dam where you start, the five waters- moose island area and stillwater creek in the first mile or so ! :D
    Durbin road area if you know where they arrowhead hunt and dirtbike ride your there.

5. rockbass

rockbass Banned

That's cool I just ASSumed that they put in at the bridge since there is a ramp there. I know right where you are talking about! I don't know yet if I can go though!

6. This canoe guy puts in where you want and takes out where you want. :D
    Fished the Tusc. Friday from 3 - 7:30. Caught a 7lb channel the first cast.
    Also caught a pike, 1 saugeye and 6 little smallies. All but 3 of the smallies came on nightcrawler. Threw a jig for 3 hours without a bite. Missed lots of bites. OOPS almost forgot a 3lb white sucker.