close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tusc. River fishing report 10-23

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by marsh, Oct 23, 2004.

1. marsh

marsh atwood amateur

My dad and I had a pretty good day today, he caught a small pike and landed 3 smallies, and I followed with a couple of decent smallmouth. He also missed a monster of a northern threw his hook about 5 feet from shore. Caught everything on either a 1\4oz inline spinner, or creekchub.

2. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

sounds like you had a great day. i think im gonna try it in the morning. probably fish in around new towne mall in philly. where did you go ?? zoar ?

3. I also hit the Tusc. Saturday. My wife and I managed over a dozen fish mostly smallies. I caught 3 small saugeye and had a 4lb and a 5lb next to the canoe and couldn't get them in the boat. Its hard to land a fish when your going down rapids sideways in a canoe :eek: . Overall I had a great day on the river. As usual the fish didn't start biting till after 11:30.
    By the way, thanks Sauguy for going on the float, we'll have to do it again sometime.

4. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

went with action and his wife on a canoe trip down the tusc. i only caught 2 smallies, my wife got 4 smallies and lost a carp under the canoe. had a great time with action and his wife fishing. let us know about another trip any time. some of you other guys that fish the tusc on shore should try it in a canoe. alot of fun. again action thanks for setting the trip up. when i get home will post a couple of pics we took.

Attached Files:

5. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Thanks for the post guys! I was going to ask how the trip went. I was going to try to meet up with ya at the ramp here at gnaden, but got busy. I want to do a trip sometime too. Prob next year of course though!

Geez sauguy, looks like action and wife are fish hogs! :D ;) kidding ya Action!

6. We're floating Sugar Creek a week from Saturday if anybody wants to come along your welcome to. Smallies and saugeye will be the fish of choice there.
    Floating from Strasburg to Dover area.

7. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

action is "the man" on that river, although his wife keeps up with him but i don't think he will admit it. ha ha ha.

8. My wife usually outfishes us for smallies when we float and she been using the same thing for 10 years.( pumpkin or green twisters ) I usually get bigger fish on the buzzbait and jerkbaits but she kills me on numbers. She got the 3 biggest smallies yesterday. She cleaned 5 good fishermen 3 years in a row on Erie with numbers and the biggest fish every year. She got 2 smallies over 6lb this year.

Attached Files:

9. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I owuld love to go again, but I will have my daughter again that weekend. I am going to try to get to the river this coming weekend though! I may try to get my uncles boat or just bank it!