close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tusc River Deep holes?

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by marsh, Nov 18, 2004.

1. marsh

marsh atwood amateur

Anyone know of any deep holes in the river that can be fished from bank? Trying to figure out if you really can fish year round with success on this river. I usually quit fishing weeks ago.

2. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I know of a few, but if I told ya I would have to fish with ya!

I know of lots of them, but you almost really need to get to them by boat then go on the bank to fish. I know of a couple spots along 416 that look decent, but I don't really know how deep they are. Spots I would like to try myself. I also would like some of this info if anyone has any! :)

3. Under the railroad bridge right beside Tuscarawas ave in Dover 20+ feet, but there's alot of secrets to how to catch them in the winter. The smallies aren't in there wintering holes yet, you can still catch them everywhere.
    Across from the sandbar in Philly its 14 feet. Its 18" behind tractor supply.
    Seems to be some sort of hole at every railroad crossing and thats good info for the Tusc.. The railroads hardly ever fail me.

4. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

come on jim let us all in on some of those secrets of yours for catching these wintertime fish .

5. I think the biggest thing in the middle of the winter is you have to have a boat to catch any numbers. The current pushing your line sideways from the bank doesn't work when its cold fishing time. You have to get right on the fish and show them a bait they want for a sustained period of time. Thats the hard part but you can catch a gang of smallies from 1 hole if you get lucky enough to hit it at the right time.