close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tusc. River 11/7/04

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishing_marshall, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Fished the Tusc. today with my brother and dad. My brother got a 14in. smallmouth and i caught a 10in. largemouth. both fish were caught on spinnerbaits. not a great day , but at least we got some fish. :D

2. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

marshal you did better then me, LOL ive fished the stillwater twice this weekend for a total of about 4 hours of fishing time.............NO FISH !!!! did have a pike follow me up to the bank 3 different times in the same spot but he wouldnt TAKE anything i threw. i only saw 2 SMALL saugeyes caught at the stillwater , but that place is getting HAMMERED hard by all kinds of fishermen and i mean ALL kinds , LOL.

guys are still catching alot of smallmouth from what i hear i guess its time for me to get on the tusc. again !!!

3. I mostly fish the lakes, and since I have already stored my outboard for the winter, I wondered where there are some decent, easy to access places to bank the tusc for cats or bass.

4. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

fish the area around the new towne mall in new philadelphia. lots of good area around the bridges.

5. rockbass

rockbass Banned

you stored your outboard, or you mean your dad stored it??? sissy! you don't even run it do ya! hahaha :p

Hey there TCBA, anything being caught at the dam in U-ville??? I may try it after work . Won't be till after dark though. I may just get up in the morn Tues and try it too!

6. marsh

marsh atwood amateur

We hit the water about 10:30 and caught 3 nice all bigger than 16" smallies, a hammer handle pike, and a perch.. yup a perch from the tusc..

7. 3 fish and all over 16. If you don't mind me asking, what are ya getting all those quality fish on? If you do mind me asking then it doesn't hurt to ask. :D
    I like to do all quality fishing too.

8. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Awesome trip Marsh! And I second what action said!

9. marsh

marsh atwood amateur

In the past two or three weeks they've been hitting real hard on big creek chub drifted with a couple of small shot about 12 inches up the line. Usually if you cast it upstream let it drift in slower water. They seem to hit chub in the 4"-6" size the best.. and that size of creek chub is hard to get ahold with consistency. Can't get them to take much of anything artificial.

10. Have you heard that somewhere before Rocky ? :D

11. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Depends on which part you mean! ;)

12. bttmline

bttmline E.B.C.C. Founder

the best place to get chubs this time of year is with your own traps. i personal have three out in different creeks. i like using dog bisquits, they last up to 2 days when kept out of heavy currents.
    tim

13. fished the tusc. from 1:30 - 3:30 today. Caught a 12in. smallmouth on a spinner. Then lost a 2ft. pike at the bank on a spinnerbait.

14. marsh

marsh atwood amateur

I'm lucky enough to have a pretty good supply in the creek that runs through my dad's property, We've been pulling from it all year. Next year we're thinking about stocking a dead pond with creek chub so we always have plenty