close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tusc friday evening.

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by moe1078, Jul 26, 2004.

1. I fished the tusc friday evening by bolivar. I showed up at about 5:30 put my waders on got in the river and 4 cast later had a little 15 inch pike on a rooster tail. when i was bringing the fish in it broke my rod tip. I had to drive 25 minutes home and grabed a better stronger rod and drove back to the river. fished for about another 1 1/2 and caught 3 smallies. one being the biggest i have ever pulled out of the river only about 13 inches though. this was a new spot i found and it only had 1 good hole in it. the 3 smallies were caught on a 3/8oz willow leaf spinnerbait.

2. rockbass

rockbass Banned

sounds like a good trip other than the rod breaking!

3. seems like you had pretty good luck. i've never caught a pike. any suggestions on where to catch them in the tusc.?

4. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

:) sounds like you had a good trip to the tusc. ive had really good luck on full size spinnerbaits on the tusc near new philadelphia. a friend of mine caught 3 pike sunday on (beleive it or not ) a black 4 inch plastic crawdad texas rigged. the biggest was around 4 lbs and the other 2 were about 20 inchers, the 4 lber was 24 inches. we should hook up some time and fish the tusc.

brian (tcba1987) :)

5. Fishing marshall: I have only fished a few spots on the tusc and caught them everywhere. I normally use a little rooster tail and catch them but bring plenty because they tear them up.

tcba1987: Sounds like a good idea. PM me sometime and we can head out maybe show each other a few new spots to fish. I love fishing the river and catching those smallies. But i just cant seem to find to many with any size.most of the time I like to wade.