Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Yep just grab them then put them in armbarred transitioned to a reverse heel hook, finished off by a upside down gogoplata triangle choke with a weak hand americana :D
Jugs or bank lines will thin them out pretty quick;) beef liver says on the hook well.Good luck oh 22 works well also :)

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
WOW pretty neat traps,know a couple places I would like to try one out at;)guess I have been lucky not to catch any fish while going after turtles! Must be the beef liver :confused:

·
Banned
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep just grab them then put them in armbarred transitioned to a reverse heel hook, finished off by a upside down gogoplata triangle choke with a weak hand americana :D
I tried my famous upside down gogoplata reveresed into a triangle choke this past weekend... The snapper took my back, and locked on a vicious Rear naked choke, and I had to tap.... :D but like Fedor, i only tap once.

Actually, we tried jug lines with liver this monday... No luck. They're in there, we're going to try next saturday night, they seem to be more active at night.

thanks for all the great suggestions.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I use cut bluegill and yellow perch cause thats what I have and it works very well for snappers and nothern water snakes. I wasnt trying to catch snakes but I sure did, I would guess 10 snakes and 20 turtles over the last 4 years.

·
Dough Boy
1,869 Posts
bullfrogs also work great just cut the legs off for yourself and use the rest as bait

1 - 14 of 14 Posts