close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Turtle, rabbit, squrrel, turkey leg ect. recipe

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by longbow, Jul 16, 2004.

1. I tried to respond to a post about someone that was looking for a turtle recipe on another fourm but it didn't go through, so I thought I,d try it here. For the turtle I cut it in pieces at the joints. drop it intoa bag with flower, salt, and pepper. Next I deep fry it for about a minute. take it out and put it in a roaster or roasting pan. Then I make a gravy by using a little clam juice (just enough to keep them guessing what the flavor is) salt and pepper. Pour this over the meat and cook at 350 degrees for about 3 hours. It should fall off the bone if its done. If not I turn heat down to 300 and check it every 20 to 30 minutes. I do the same with rabbits and squirrel. If I'm feeling lazy I bypass the deepfrying and flour. Salt and pepper the meat add some vegetables a little water maybe a little brown sugar and cook according to the size of the pieces of meat. I take all my buddies turkey legs. they are great. just takes a little cooking time. You can make an old boot tender if you cook it long enough.

2. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

I gotta try this one! Thanks Longbow, I'm collecting turtle recipes (and a couple turtles).

3. I have a great recipe for squirrel :D or the neighbors cat :rolleyes: but can't find it right now. :( Will keep looking and post it.