Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the girlfriend to Turtle Creek for the weekend. Launched at 1:00 Friday afternoon. Went out southwest of B can, and got on the fish immediately. Girlfriend would reel the fish, as I was netting it, another rod would fire. As I'm letting the first out, and she's reeling in the other one, another rod would go. It was a firedrill for a minute, then we'd get a few minutes rest, and it would start all over again. Got One showed up, and gave the eyes a major spanking.

Went out Saturday morning to rain, wind, and waves. I only had one rainsuit on board, and you can guess who ended up with it. We struggled for five fish, and called it a day. Got One spanked them again. Had a great dinner with Got One and his crew (beef tenderloin and grilled walleye). We then went over to Hook & Books campground, and shot the bull for a few hours.

Launched again Sunday morning, and headed out just east of B can. Got on the fish again in no time. The chinese firedrill was back on, with rods popping left and right. Team Got One spanked 'em for a third day in a row.

As me and the ole lady were heading in, she looked at me and said "now I know why you're tired all the time".

Best program for us was jet 20s 80-125 back, and medium Dipsys 55-70 back (no ring). Spoon colors varied by the hour, but Mrs. Pauls took a lot of fish.

I'll be heading out in the morning for the fifth day in a row on the lake, then I'm going to sleep for a couple of days.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Nice job Het. We are gooing to try at Edgewater again tomorrow. That will be 2 fishing days in one weekend for me., and I consider myself lucky!

Got myself five 8'6" rods now, even got my dad to prefer them for trolling. Hope we get a little CHinese firedrillaction going for ourselves tomorrow, we had fun on Saturday, but it was chilly and we had to work pretty hard.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Great couple of days there, other than the iffy wind and weather. Our program was about the same except for us running the big boards. Our hot spoons were in order, cat dog, red october, happy hooker and perch. Jet 20's 50-100 back. Fish were caught high and low on the same troll. 24-29 FOW N/E track off B can.
Steve, great dinner and B S ing around the camp fire. We just need to be in the same boat one of these days!!

·
The Original Hot Rod
6,732 Posts
Het,
I regret to inform you we didn't win the 50/50 raffle so I'm still poor...! :D
Thanks for the call on saturday...unfortunately, I had another case of seasickness aboard and had to call it quits after only two tickets. The wind and waves really picked up after noon and it hit 2-4 ft's easily.
Monday was a different story...with nice lake and weather conditions and the fish ready and willing. We picked up 3 tickets NW of A can in 24 ft. of water. Spoon color didn't much matter as long as it was copper backed. Jet 30's 55-60 back off in-lines, big dipseys on a 3.5 setting at 55 back and 1.5 at 45 back. We had the same action with mulitple rods firing at the same time finishing up in just under 3 hours of fishing.
It was nice meeting Melanie...nice lady there, Bud.
Thanks "Got One" for the info as well...look me up in the future when you're over on that end of the lake.

BTW...Het, what does Mrs. Paul's look like...????

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,505 Posts
So she is real with pictures to prove. LOL. good fishing out there buddy keep up the good work, way to get em guys. Sounds like everyone had a good weekend.

·
Super Moderator
3,973 Posts
way to break her in Het!!

take a break and give the eyes some sleep too;)

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
oh man....

u guys a real pieces of work... why would'nt a nice , humble ,somber ,quite, clean shavin ,sharp dressed man like Het have a nice lady....i sure he whispers sweet nothings and stuff like that all the time... the Capt walleye shirt says it all....

LOL... couldnt resist!

Just kiddin Het im sure ya know.....

Frank

·
The Original Hot Rod
6,732 Posts
oh man....

u guys a real pieces of work... why would'nt a nice , humble ,somber ,quite, clean shavin ,sharp dressed man like Het have a nice lady....i sure he whispers sweet nothings and stuff like that all the time... the Capt walleye shirt says it all....

LOL... couldnt resist!

Just kiddin Het im sure ya know.....

Frank
Frank, are we talking about the same person here (Hetfieldin)...???:D My comment when I first met her was..."I was expecting a big old hairy beast"...! :D
But of course to my surprise, she's pretty and quite a nice lady...a little desparate I suppose, but nonetheless, a nice lady...! ;)

·
Powderfinger
7,789 Posts
I thought K gone was making the comment that Steve's girlfriend is real-with pictures to prove it too. How many women let a guy fish as much as Steve?

As me and the ole lady were heading in, she looked at me and said "now I know why you're tired all the time".
I tell my wife all the time that fishing is hard work but I get "the look" and the rolled eyes.

·
The Original Hot Rod
6,732 Posts
It looks much better in person. And all the ones I've seen have been smooth, not hammered. Maybe Steve can post a pic of the actual spoon.
I'm going to take you at your word here, Fishman261...but this can be interpreted two ways, a little ambigous if you will.
Thanks for the Mrs. Paul picture...! :D

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,505 Posts
I always heard HET mention girlfriend I just never saw a picture, I was just saying I see a picture I know she's real I meant nothing by it at all. He knows I'm playing with him, I talked to him over the weekend a couple times about some good bites going on he said he was taking her up there for the weekend, glad you guys smacked up.

I fished Cleveland yesterday I hooked up with 2 tickets in 4 hours with only one 25 incher it was slow. awseome day on the water though, took MY girlfriend and my brother, wasn't hardcore walleying for once just relaxing with two of my favorite people. I missed Frank on that trip but ohh well can't make it a date everytime.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
u cheating bastard....

i c how u are.....LOL

naw..... there is just not enough tim ein the day to fit it all in...

hey ya needed to get Joey out.... Im im glad ya did and had a great day of fishin and drinking and relaxing.... cuz in the end .. thats what is is all about!

Frank

·
The Original Hot Rod
6,732 Posts
I always heard HET mention girlfriend I just never saw a picture, I was just saying I see a picture I know she's real I meant nothing by it at all. He knows I'm playing with him, I talked to him over the weekend a couple times about some good bites going on he said he was taking her up there for the weekend, glad you guys smacked up.
Oh, so you have a girlfriend too, huh Kevin...! Let me see here, I'm guessing, oh let's say somewhere about 75 P.S.I...Tehehehehe. Sorry Bud, couldn't resist that one. :D

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Rodney,

Kev's new squeeze is a looker... the best he has ever even talked to.. and she is just as cool too...... I happy for the guy...

But im sure its all in good fun.... i know ya couldnt resist....

what the Lake erie forum if we all couldnt get a few nabs in to each other!!!!

crazey....

Frank

·
KrustyDawg
2,632 Posts
All I want to know is, when are the Bachelor Parties ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? That would be GREAT ! Frank I know you are close ! :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts