Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made it out Sat. and man what a great day of fishin! My dad Redear and myself caught over 60 walleye by 11:00 am, over the side of the boat, casting and ripping it, cast and let it set to take a drink of water it did'nt matter FISH ON. Stoped by the OGF campsite and chatted with Big Daddy, Freyedknot and Walleyeguy and his wife (I think). Nice to meet you guys! I wish we would have stayeed the night and could do it again tomorrow.:D :D

·
Registered
9,378 Posts
Hope to hookup with some OGF'ers on the radio. Sounds like heaven! Really looking forward to this bonanza! 2 foot or less-no drift socks needed!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
The fish were definitely commiting suicide.Trophy Kevin,myself and a couple of Kevin's friends had our boat limited in about two hours.Kevin and I were both limited in less than an hour.friendship and food was great at the meal Sat.evening.Great to finally put faces with familiar names.Hope you guys checked out kevin's Moonshine spoons.These will be HOT!!Sunday morning was pretty much a repeat of Sat.We again were limited in around two hours.Het if I remember right it was you who picked the dates for the outing.Hope you played the lottery bud because you were right on.Heard talk of some of the guys wanting to make this an annual event.Sounds great to me.Short Drift,hope you are able to get rid of the cane soon.You are a class act.

·
Premium Member
10,881 Posts
I started using the Moonshine spoons two years ago for Salmon while fishing out of Ludington MI. They worked great in Lake Michigan and lake Ontario last fall, tremendous amount of glow!

I haven't seen the smaller ones for eyes, but look forward to seeing some. I always seem to find more room for new lures:D

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I also want to thank everyone at the feed Saturday night for a great time, and I hope that this becomes an annual event. Larry, great weekend man great fishing, great weather, great food, with some great folks. Thanks and cudo's to those responsible for making it happen.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
We couldn't find where everyone was camping,and no we we'nt tipping yet. We had our limit in less then a half hour all three days but only kept 1 or 2 shy for the big ones. Biggest was about 25. Hope it's a yearly event also.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
yep drove around looking for the campsite to no avail!!! guess it was by invitatiun only!!!:D :D oh well...KFC and a comfy motel worked fine!!!!

·
useless poster
8,804 Posts
the camp groun was right behind the marina office where you pay to launch at turtle creek??? if you were in the right place you would have seen ogf stickers everywhere,on vehicles and boats?? unless you launched at turtle point instead of turtle creek ? i kept asking where you were and if anybody seen them.

·
Registered
9,378 Posts
Nice meeting you and your pup on the water yesterday. You are somewhat of a legend! Also, saw at a distance and talked to old friend, Shortdrift, finally. Seems I have to be within sight of him to reach him on my "handheld"! Thanks to whomever had the DNR stock those million plus hungry "eaters" for the gathering!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts