Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went out of Magee East about 6:30 Saturday with the intention of fishing old school. The plan was to head straight out about 20 foot of water. and either cast worm harnesses or drift bottom bouncers. Ti say it was a little sporty in the morning is an understatement. Those were the biggest 1-2 foot waves this old guy has seen in a while. I think a meteorolisist is the olny job where you can be wrong half the time and still keep your job. Any way we kept with the plan and caught a 2 person limit in about 9 hours, and headed back to Magee East for pizza and liquid refreshments. The lake calmed down pretty nicely by about 3:00 and we had expectations for a calmer day Sunday. About half the fish came on a harness fished on a 10 count with a green and gold blade. The rest came on a bottom bouncer with a silver float on the harness and no blade.Sunday morning's 1-2 foot waves were even bigger than Saturday's. The big roller comming straight into Turtle Creek were only leaving about 6-1/2 feet of clearance under the bridge so we decide to go eat a hot breakfast at Wild Wings. I will tell you hash, eggs and toast slathered in butter tase sooooo good to a guy on a post stroke diet !!! As it clammed down in the afternoon, we headed out about 1:00 pm into the promised 1-2 foot waves- Maybe even smaller. We stopped about halfway to West Sister and started trolling. Only had 1 line out when the first fish hit. Landed him and the second hit with only 2 lines out. Then after a short lull we got all 6 lines out, and started a steady hit parade. We were back at the marina cleaning fish by 6:00. The favorite lure was any bandit with pink on it fished 85 feet back at 1.9 mph.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Went out of Magee East about 6:30 Saturday with the intention of fishing old school. The plan was to head straight out about 20 foot of water. and either cast worm harnesses or drift bottom bouncers. Ti say it was a little sporty in the morning is an understatement. Those were the biggest 1-2 foot waves this old guy has seen in a while. I think a meteorolisist is the olny job where you can be wrong half the time and still keep your job. Any way we kept with the plan and caught a 2 person limit in about 9 hours, and headed back to Magee East for pizza and liquid refreshments. The lake calmed down pretty nicely by about 3:00 and we had expectations for a calmer day Sunday. About half the fish came on a harness fished on a 10 count with a green and gold blade. The rest came on a bottom bouncer with a silver float on the harness and no blade.Sunday morning's 1-2 foot waves were even bigger than Saturday's. The big roller comming straight into Turtle Creek were only leaving about 6-1/2 feet of clearance under the bridge so we decide to go eat a hot breakfast at Wild Wings. I will tell you hash, eggs and toast slathered in butter tase sooooo good to a guy on a post stroke diet !!! As it clammed down in the afternoon, we headed out about 1:00 pm into the promised 1-2 foot waves- Maybe even smaller. We stopped about halfway to West Sister and started trolling. Only had 1 line out when the first fish hit. Landed him and the second hit with only 2 lines out. Then after a short lull we got all 6 lines out, and started a steady hit parade. We were back at the marina cleaning fish by 6:00. The favorite lure was any bandit with pink on it fished 85 feet back at 1.9 mph.
Thanks for report finns, was wondering if anything was happening there, about a zillion guys fishing, but no reports in that area, must be tightlipped!!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Whew, saw the 2.9mph before the edit and damn near choked on my drink!!

·
Fishing addict..
199 Posts
Tons of fish west of the isles ....And I mean tons likely millions of walleye are still within 5 to 10 miles of the reefs ...Many eyes never leave that area, not in thier lives ..
On most days Ii's easy limits around the outer firing range markers and reefs, & yes on out around West sister both to the east and west 5 miles or so..Its all loaded with eyes.....
And I've no idea on earth why, but this all but becomes a Islands (or Huron) and east report board about mid June ....

·
Registered
372 Posts
It's not a big secret as there are hundreds of boats fishing this entire area on a daily basis.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts