Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I just sucked this weekend ! After telling the oldest grandson and his girlfriend about easy limits week after week, we talked them into coming up to Magee East with us. Saturday we tried drifting and casting. We started near big pickerel reef where we have been slaying them, and found no takers. Compared to 2 weeks ago the sonar looked barren. maved out to West Sister, and fished all around the island with pretty poor results. We came in with only 8 keepers between us and one 9" perch that the admiral caught on a bottom bouncer with a whole crawler along with 2 nice eating size channel cats. I told the guests that we will troll on Sunday and we will catch more fish for sure We came straight out of Turtle Creek and set up in 20' of water.. The sonar was lousy with fish. Trolled clear to the Toledo water inlet and boated a whole 6 keepers along with a lot of shorts. We turned out towards West Sister and managed only 2 more. Marking lots of fish the whole time. The kids said they had a great time just being out on the water. The grandson said he is used to fishing 4 hour or so to catch a couple of bass so he thought we did great. No more reports for me for a whil. Leaving wednesday afternoo for Madera Beach, FL for a red snapper trip. The the weekend after is our big neighborhood fish fry. Hope to be back at Erie after that.

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
That's why they call it fishing !!!!

Reactions: ress

·
Registered
87 Posts
Good luck in Fl the bit is on did good on snapper yesterday Out of Marco text me your number and I will send you a couple of pics if you want

·
Registered
518 Posts
I am sure your guest had a great time. It's not only about the catching of fish, but the time you enjoyed being with your grandson. It seems like he enjoyed the trip as well as his girlfriend. I hope you stay safe in Florida its a hot spot for Covid-19.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts