close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Turkeyfoot Lake

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Wormdunker69, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Would someone please tell me where the launch ramps are? The map that I have does not show any. Also, what fish are there to be caught, yes I mean species, not an answer like ALL or ANY of them, yuck, yuck! Thanks in advance. Bill

2. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

There are two ramps to Portage Lakes. The better one is off Manchester RD (route 93). Enter the state park and follow the signs to the ramp. The state park entrance is south of 619. The other is a very bad ramp that is off 619. The road to it is right across from Dietz Landing and runs next to a little beverage/bait shop that is on the end of a small plaza. There is a small sign (it may even be a street sign) that says Old State Park.

Species:
    Tiger Muskie
    Largemouth Bass
    Bluegill (some big Red Ears)
    Perch
    Rock Bass
    Crappie

3. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

don't forget walleye, carp and cats!!!

4. Appreciate your quick response to my inquiry. I would imagine that it will be well stained after the rain, correct? Again, thanks! Bill

5. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Portage stained LOL. Almost never. The coves and shallow water maybe, but the lake is alsmost always clear.

Do cats and carp really count as fish? Just kidding. I've never heard of a walleye being caught from there, but I've heard they have been stocked.

6. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

I heard that Saugeyes were stocked but then discontiued a few years ago as fear they might enter lake erie.

7. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

hey, i've never heard of an eye caught from there either, but they say they were stocked. Just like they were stocked in nimisila, unless you ask ol whatshisname at the bait store. are there still tiger muskies in there? i heard koch (sp?) caught the state record in there a few years back. But I know they stopped stocking them around the time the stripers were stopped at WB.

8. LiquidTension

LiquidTension mouse potato

and spotted gar

9. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

their are some big old gar in their and pike some musky/tiger musky i dont know what they are havent caught one...........i saw a 22in walleye caught and heard of a 28 in caught during ice season.....but it has a good population of bass and gills and crappie i would target them............jim

10. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

There's walleye in there. Think flagpole where the water drops off into 50'.

11. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I forgot about the gar. They used to thrive in there. I haven't seen one in years.

12. LiquidTension

LiquidTension mouse potato

i caught a glimps(sp) of one a couple years ago(at least 30 inch) down by where Pelican Cove used to be.

my Wed. night partner has a buddy with one of those aquaview thingys and said there still in there....and plentiful... he said they were suspended above the bass... bass were on bottom that day ;)

13. there are alot of right now in turkeyfoot. they are on the west side of speed zone, in that bay in front of the mansion. Watch for em acting like dolphins. I use 20 lb test with a steel leader, some cut bait and hang on, remember to bring some good leather gloves. Another good spot is across from the beach near the sailboats. They are at one or the other spot for the next month or so.

14. Do Gar Go To The Bar?what Do They Drink?is It Far For The Gar To Go To The Bar?i Heard They Like To Drink From A Jar?

15. Yeah, and if they migrate from afar, they can always jump in the car that takes the gar to the bar where they drink from a jar, then, when they're done, they can smoke a cigar but they need to be careful about the tar.

16. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

after the bar, they hop in the car to play golf.that way they can hit the ball far so they make par and can once again celebrate by drinking from that same darn jar.

17. crooked stripe

crooked stripe fishn and flyn

:D Sounds like Clinton's book. :D

18. And to think that all of this came from me just asking where the launch ramps were. Now we got gars in the bar drinking from a jar and smoking cigars, gosh, maybe I should not of asked about the launch ramps. Thanks men. Bill

19. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

When I was done with my jar at the bar, after fishing for Gar from afar, I went to the ramp and met a tramp. That tramp was a vamp that set up camp. Her reception was damp, that vamp, much stickier than postage stamp. Even though I had a cramp, I went down the ramp and lit my lamp like champ, all 40 amps.

20. I Love Your Comments Guys..made Me Laugh...........lol.....richard