Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading up to Turkeyfoot Lake at Portage Lakes for the first time tomorrow. Any tips or tricks for the lake? I was thinking about trying to get some walleye. Should I grab a couple erie dearies and some crawlers and troll? Or just use a shiny crankbait and troll? Or, should I just try for some bass and crappie?

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
A nice weather day and a Sunday, good luck with the other boaters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Theirs usually water skiers at first light on all those lakes. Also if you want to target eyes pick any lake in the state other than portage. You will be fishing for maybe a couple that are left over from old stockings. Just target bass around any boat dock with a weightless worm

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We started the day here Sunday. We couldn’t land a thing and the weeds were so bad. Maybe we need to explore the lake more. Definitely prefer the country lakes. No one but fishermen when we were there.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
There are certain times when the fast boats are allowed at Turkeyfoot. Look up the times and avoid them.
It's not the speed zone you need to watch it's when the idiots in the toons and speed boats fly through no wake zones and go between people and the bank when they're clearly casting there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts