close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tuesday/Wednesday Hunt

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Fish4Food, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Fish4Food

Fish4Food Built Ford Tough

Went out Tuesday night to an area I hadn't hunted much in the past. I had a good idea of where I wanted to climb a tree, and was on my way back to that patch of woods when I came across a heavy trail and a few scrapes. I chose to hunt there, because the spot looked too good to be true. I was in the stand about 45 minutes when behind me i heard a deer running toward me, out from the thicket came a doe being trailed by a small 8 point. A little before dark two does and another buck came out to about 25 yards, but it was too dark to get a good idea of how nice the buck was. I had hope as I went back to the same tree last night, I only saw a button buck and a doe, but it was still a great night, I got to watch the button buck come up and sniff the base of my tree, I took a picture of him on my cell phone, through the bottom half of my stand. I think I have found my new go to spot, and am hoping for big results as the weather cools, has anyone else seen bucks chasing does yet?

2. No but have seen a lot of scrapes and rubs!

3. that sounds like a great spot with alot of activity...when rut comes around you should be able to rattle and grunt some bucks in there with all them bucks in the same area.

4. Too early for the chasing to take off - seen those 1.5 yr old bucks do this many times. The hormones are racing and they don't know what to do - much like a 12yr old boy. Give it 2-3 weeks and you will see the more mature bucks checking scrapes and harrassing some does as they know it is close and will be eager after the "layoff"!