close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

tuesday tourny at griggs

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by saugeyeslayer, Jul 22, 2004.

1. saugeyeslayer

saugeyeslayer The tug is the drug

if anyone knows where the bass are right now in griggs than any help wopuld be apreciated we got some good spots but more would be great too...hehe :p

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Do you really expect us to tell you where the bass are? :D Garry and I found them the last two weeks but that could change daily. Honestly, there is no "special place" at Griggs. It's been tough there all year. By the way we will have our Sunday tournament there this Sunday. Hope you make it.

3. saugeyeslayer

saugeyeslayer The tug is the drug

haha sunday eh, well that would be my B-day tell me any times there may be other of your tournys up their.... i think the fish mite be in deeper water...fishing the bank only roduces dinks for me but i think theirs gota be a spot where their at!
    Thanx,
    The slayer

4. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

For what it's worth, last Tuesday we fished deep (10-15 feet)...not a strike. Caught both of our fish in 3-5 feet. Like Dale says, it's been erratic and hard to pattern them this year.

5. Slayer,

I fished a tournament there on Sunday the 18th. All my bites were from shallow water. And JBJ and I fished hard all day, shallow and deep, and came up empty. One dink smallie. To make matters worse, a club member followed behind us, and caught two keepers up north along the east side. That hurts. If the fish are deep, they are sitting on the bottom. I did not mark a fish deeper than eight or nine feet, and they were suspended usually in 10-12 FOW. I hate fishing "spots", anyhow. Go out, do what you're best at, and hope there are fish. I'm not a good deep water fishermen. Wish I were. But fishing like that really puts me in a sour mood, and confidence is key.

Eric

6. actually cleaned up a bit? Enough to fish anyway huh? Amazing........What a lousy year so far. The only place I caught decent fish at was Salt Fork last week. Nice lake for sure.
    Anyway, looks like I will be fishing with uou guys Sunday. Dale, Shakey, What are the times again for Sunday? I want to fish tomorrow, so I don't know if I can fish the 2 days. Gotta check with the wife. (the boss)
    Finally getting settled into the new house. We bought a house and that's why I haven't been on too much lately. Putting stuff away and getting the house ready the way we want it. Also playing & listening to too much bluegrass. Probably going to buy another guitar. Looking for one cheap....
    Well, I'm back here fellas.
    Catch y'all later.
    :eek:

7. There's nothing wrong with that! :D :cool:

8. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Trucked:
    Our time to start is 6:30 AM. At Griggs. Remember Griggs is off limits Saturday if your fishing Sunday. We do check the boats that are out on Saturday. Remember I only live less than 2 minutes and check it sveral times a day. I also have others checking as well. If your fishing be there before 6:00 to draw a starting # and get launched, we have been starting a little early.

9. striperfreak

striperfreak stripes and smallies

i have been doing well at griggs this year, except when im in the tournament..................... its the first year ive fished it so cant compare to other years, but have been suprised at the amount of quality bass that there are. i hear fishing is tough everywhere lately. some of it may have to do with the fishing pressure that griggs recieves, man those bass see alot of lures, hmmmm gives me an idea for tomorrow, SOFT CRAWS.... is that permitted? just kidding, i havent done well in the tourneys, but man it sure is fun. im hooked. stop and say hey to the smallest johnboat out there.

10. Well, Wayne and I fished Griggs on Sunday but not the tourney as you all know. We didn't get anything on the Crappies but Wayne did get a 2 1/2 LMB on a Roadrunner. Amazing huh? I didn't get anything. NADA. Only fished for about 5 hours and then came home. I will be fishing on O'Shay Thursday. Probably alone. Wayne has something else to do. Catch you guys later.
    I'm outa here. Going to bed and hope that my back goes back in by tomorrow morning when I try to get out of bed.

Later......... :(