Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fishing was excellent again today as it has been all year. We took 42 fish by 11, and all fish were taken on gold two hook harnesses at a 10 count. Fished near Rattlesnake Island. Hope this helps somebody out!

www.dickrhode.com

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
NICE! Thanks for the report(s)!!!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Good to hear a report that doesn't have "trollerspeak" in it. I understand a ten count, have no idea (well some idea but not much) what a jet 30 85/ 120 back at 2.2 is. Congrats on the fish.

PS Not complaining about the trolling jargon, complaining I fell behind the curve somewhere in fishing technology! LOL

Huntinbull

·
Registered
243 Posts
Huntin, I can try and help you out a little bit if you are interested. Jet's are jet divers and the come in different standard depths, 30 being one of them. You tie it on to your main line and then run a leader with a spoon behind it. The next number is usually the amount of line out so he probably had one at 85 and one at 120' and the last number is the GPS speed. Casting can be a hell of a lot more fun but trolling spoons has it's place for sure. I hope maybe that helps decifer the trollerspeak a little for ya :D

Attachments

·
The Original Hot Rod
6,732 Posts
Good to hear a report that doesn't have "trollerspeak" in it. I understand a ten count, have no idea (well some idea but not much) what a jet 30 85/ 120 back at 2.2 is. Congrats on the fish.

PS Not complaining about the trolling jargon, complaining I fell behind the curve somewhere in fishing technology! LOL

Huntinbull
Just for your edification...a jet is a diving device, in this case a size 30 which means it theoretically will dive to a depth of 30 feet with one hundred feet of line payed out at 2.0 mph. By the example you gave, the jet would actually be somewhere in the 27-33 foot range with 85-120 feet of line out. Now consider yourself edified...! :D ;)

BTW...the depth can vary based on type and size of your fishing line.

·
The Inferior Fisherman
2,644 Posts
Now for a little more "edification". You must factor in Einstien's theory of gravitational pull under water (gp=ftxmass). Multiply that with the distance a two oz. stone falls through the water per second, now add or subtract this # depending on which side of the boat your on. Or just open another beer and look in the book!;) :D ;)

·
The Original Hot Rod
6,732 Posts
Nice...veeerrrry nice...! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts