Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joined chromesteelhead on his rig out of Hotwaters at 6am.

If you have never been on Erie a mile out at sunrise......you are missing an incredible sight.

We started in the gneral area where we did decent last week.....east edge of bar close to the 18 line. No dice....not a pullback in 90 minutes.

Headed west of the nets....west edge of bar and finally broke the ice. No skunk:bananajump:

Found a decent bite N of the 35 line. 3 oz 57.5 back:D pink/white and purple colorados. This is the second week where we found hungry fish mid-day (high sun) 45-60 back on 3 oz. Finished with 9 in the box. Lost a few in the last 20 ft.

Sending out a thanks to Juan. Your guidance was helpful.

Chrome.....thanks my friend. Thanks for takin me fishin. Ya got a great rig to fish from.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IF.....anyone is "The walleye whisperererer" (on this trip)......it's chromesteelhead. He found that "57.5" back walleye bite and then was kind enough to share it with me.

Hell, all my baits were diggin trenches.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thanks Bob.......call it luck.....call it superstition.......but when you accidentally stumble upon some weird depth that the fish are hitting at you stick with it. In my super humble opinion. :D I had a fantastic time again with Bob and for all the knowledge I steal from him I should be charged with a felony. The pick was a little slow and a few slipped through our fingers at the back of the boat, but it continues to be a great learning experience with OGFers out there!!!

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"I use 79 when i am over that way."

same......when I remember to turn the radio on.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nice Job Bob. Great post. Me and my dad have the itch to get back up there soon. Will let you know and maybe we can meet up.

·
AKA Dnavarroj
1,369 Posts
SHHHHHHHHHHHH< Im a rookie on erie. LOL
That is a great spot.:D
Hopeing to hit again on staurday. Hope the fish are still there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts