Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started fishing North of the Crib with my Son Ronnie and Hetfieldinn around 4pm. Immediately hit a strong bite in 56Fow on spoons and Dipsy's. #1 used on all six lines set [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected]"0". Ole Pete's spoons shaded in purple as well as shiny gold with dark dots and the good old watermelon.
Het got a very nice heavy fish in the 27" bracket which we turned loose. Most of the other fish, 22 in all were around the 3# size. Conditions were perfect when we started but the weather started to pick up when we pulled the lines at 7pm. All in all a great trip with my son and a good friend.:)

·
Duck Enemy #1
220 Posts
We caught 22 in less than two hours and lost another 4 at the boat. 53 fow NE of the crib. Same waypoints I have been using for 3 weeks now. Ended up pulling in a couple of rods just to keep the sanity. No real big ones but we werent really trying. Orange Crush and shrimp were our best spoons.

·
761 Posts
Good job - glad you were able to get out with your son again.

We were going to head up this morning, but at 5:00 it looked like the rain was in Sandusky and heading quickly towards Cleveland so I chickened out. Of course it doesn't look too bad now at 8:00.

·
Lumberjack
1,526 Posts
I need to move closer to the lake...you guys kill me with your 2-3 hour trips whenever...Monday, Tues evening, Thurs afternoon, etc...I must plan my trips weeks in advance and usually for a 2-day weekend so I have a proportionate amount of time on the water opposed to drive time...I am envious of your position...

And as always great job on the fishing...I can't recall a trip you guys (Het, Shortdrift and friends) have taken that hasn't produced a box full plus bonus throw backs (and steelies of late)!! Way to Go!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Went out last night around the crib. Limited out in about 2 hours with perch and three guys were fishing. With those 90 perch there was also 1 walleye and a few white bass, by the way is there a limit on white bass, if so, what is it,please?

Soroker74:cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts