Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished off Edgewater, west of the crib, with another OGF member. We had a slow evening ending with seven.....all 16-20".

No real pattern to our bite. Best results came on small dipsys, no rings, 80-95 back set on 3. Boygirl, chickenwing, shrimp, all took fish.

As the "net man" I killed. I was netting reels ....on rods in the holders.......while fish in the water waited. It aint easy bein the net man!!!!

Beautiful lake tonight....nice to be on the water and talkin fishin.

Be safe out there!

·
85 Posts
You sure are right on about being the 'netman'. When you do everything right ya get no respect, but screw up once and the story goes on forever. I'll be fishing the crib area tomorrow if my dad is up to it.

·
PeerlessII Cleveland
439 Posts
We fished the crib area last night and the bite started off slow. As soon as the sun went down they turned on. We had 6 fish before the sun set and ended up with 14 before we started pulling lines at 9:45. Had back to back triples. Everything was down deep for us. 30-35' off the downriggers and dipsey's 100 back on the 3 setting and 85 back onthe 1 setting. All on small Peerless spoons, silver and orange.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
peerless...thanks for adding to the thread.

We started in 34' and eventually pulled lines with one fish landed and ran out nw of crib. Sounds like we gave up on the crib too early......we were off water around 9:30 and spent the last hour shallow.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Use those Offshore boards we have been talking about.
They really do catch fish. Might be a hassle until we
learn to use them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts