Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live close to Allum Creek so I drive past it everyday on my way to and from work. I've noticed that on the east side there are several small lake arms that are on the east side of Africa Road. One particular one has several tall dead trees jutting out and very easy access. I've seen a few bait slingers sitting on shore there, but never anyone out in the water. Has anyone ever taken a tube, pontoon, yak or canoe or whatever out there with the long rod? I'd think that there would be pleanty of cover there for bass, crappies, gill and whatever else lives in Allum. (Probably some big carp too). I've been thinking about taking the tube down, but don't know if its prohibited or worth it. Any experiences out there?
Also, along Africa north of Chesire a bit there are some nice little lake arms but signs posted no swimming, but fishing access is good. Can you take a personal water craft in there? Again, any experiences??

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I live close to Allum Creek so I drive past it everyday on my way to and from work. I've noticed that on the east side there are several small lake arms that are on the east side of Africa Road. One particular one has several tall dead trees jutting out and very easy access. I've seen a few bait slingers sitting on shore there, but never anyone out in the water. Has anyone ever taken a tube, pontoon, yak or canoe or whatever out there with the long rod? I'd think that there would be pleanty of cover there for bass, crappies, gill and whatever else lives in Allum. (Probably some big carp too). I've been thinking about taking the tube down, but don't know if its prohibited or worth it. Any experiences out there?
Also, along Africa north of Chesire a bit there are some nice little lake arms but signs posted no swimming, but fishing access is good. Can you take a personal water craft in there? Again, any experiences??

Thanks in advance!
I can't answer your question but if you want company let me know! :D I've been wondering the same thing about all those coves. I know exactly which one you're talking about. I just recently got a pontoon and haven't had it out on Alum yet but I have put in at several places along O'shay. same deal with the no swimming signs. I hadn't considered it before but I can't imagine they give us any flack for putting our 'toons/tubes in at access points like that.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Call the office first, I would bet it is restricted to craft of 8 feet or more in length, no personal watercraft.

Alum is pretty well watched, probably earn a ticket for your efforts.

I do hope I am wrong but do check first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts