close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Trying the bridge at oregonia tomorrow

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by johnnylittletruck, Mar 14, 2005.

1. I'm trying the little miami starting at the old bridge at Oregonia tomorrow afternoon. Gonna try out these new waders. Any of you guys familiar with that spot. What is my best bet, upstream from the bridge?, downstream? I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the input JLT

2. I do not know anything about the area, but I do know that fish like to hang out near bridges. They can sometimes be found on the down-side of the bridge pilings hiding in a slower current area.

Hope you have the best fishing ever!

BlueWater

3. Floater

Floater Floatin' on by

I'm not really that familiar with the fishing around there, but just be careful around where the old bridge used to be, there's a deep hole there, which is probably a pretty decent spot to fish. Good luck, look forward to hearing how you do there.

4. bronzebacker

bronzebacker Crickjumper

Fish the hole right where the old bridge used to be. There's a long stretch of riffles that dump into this hole. The smallies hang out there waiting for food to come down. Another stretch that's good is the next set of rapids downstream. Be careful- fast water close to deep water. Not to mention COLD water. Take someone with you if you can...

5. catking

catking Banned

One of the best smallie area in the whole state . How did it go ??? Just a tad cold still........... CATKING

6. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

The river looked very fishable today, just a little stained, but I'm sure it's plenty cold.

7. You guys are right on the mark. The water was great, runnin hard and about 38 degrees. Fished a black and blue skirted jig with a craw trailer for about 30 minutes, switched to a 1/8 oz jig with a white 3 inch twist tail for 25 minutes or so till time caught up with me. Started around 1PM so I think I gave the sun time to do its thing. Fished both slow hopping along the bottom in the deepest holes I could see. No luck but the spot was awesome and the new redhead waders worked like a champ. Anybody got any suggestions as to what might be more productive? Think I'm going back tomorrow. Thanks for alll the info. JLT

8. bronzebacker

bronzebacker Crickjumper

38 deg?!? Yikes! I was thinking of the GMR for smallies tomorrow, bur maybe not! We're way behind schedule this year because of the cold weather. Probably another week or two before things start to turn on.