Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was fishing with Get Fish and liked the blue screen background on his LCX38HD so decided to try it yesterday. Much easier to read under all conditions and with Polarized sunglasses. Also better definition on bottom detail.:)

·
Registered
577 Posts
Was fishing with Get Fish and liked the blue screen background on his LCX38HD so decided to try it yesterday. Much easier to read under all conditions and with Polarized sunglasses. Also better definition on bottom detail.:)

I run the blue always. Seems the detail just jumps off the screen.

·
STX 206 Viper
1,873 Posts
If you run the blue background, what color are the fish? On my LMS334 the softer targets (fish) are usually blue. Does that change when you change the background?

Brian

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,509 Posts
Ron try the night vision if you haven't already, I play around with the different settings on my 38 all the time, pretty neat seeing how it changes the "look" of what the sonar picture tells us.

·
STX 206 Viper
1,873 Posts
Thanks for the tip Ron. Tried the blue background today and the perch just lit up. That yellow/orange/red against the blue background really stood out. Could even see the screen well in bright sunshine with polarized glasses on.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Is there a blue background option on Lowrance 522?

·
STX 206 Viper
1,873 Posts
boss302 - Yes there is.
Start with the unit set to the Sonar page
Hit Menu
Select - Sonar Features
Select - Sonar Chart Mode
Select - Blue Background

That should do it.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Thanks, I'll try it next time out. Still learning the basics with this unit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts