close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

True or False...???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Hook N Book, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Someone sent me a movie clip about 6 volt batteries but don't know how to post it here. This is the big square kind used in lanterns and such. It shows the battery being opened and inside there are 32 small AA batteries. The jest of the video is the cost savings in buying a 6 volt versus the AA's.
    Anyone ever did this or heard of it...???

2. KaGee

KaGee Monkeywrench Staff Member

Anything is possible... but I remember tearing one apart as a kid... definetly not AA's! :D

3. Have not done it myself but I've read on other places that it is only partly true. Most of the 6v do not use AA sized batterys in them. I guess there are some brands that do but it would be hit or miss. Is it worth buying 5 or six different kinds and ripping them apart to find one that has AA's?

4. Hook N Book

5. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

That's easy...false. If there were 32 AA batteries it would be a 48 volt battery.
    There are some battery configurations where they do use AA or AAA batteries in series for cellphones, xxxx, cordless phones.

6. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

false, but cordless tool batteries are full of rechargeable AA batteries.

7. I guess they could series 4 batteries together, that would be 6 volt and then parallel the set of 4, but I have opened a 6 volt battery and it wasn't made of AA batteries.

8. A normal zinc-carbon cell has a voltage of about 1.5 lolts. A battery is multiple cells connected in series for greater voltages and in parallel for greater currents. A 6 volt battery needs at least 4 cells but you get the maximum current of a single cell. Any battery is multiple cells.

9. H&B,

You "misremembered"? I hope you aren't doing HGH too! :D Gotta laugh when I see/hear that "word".:p

Tim

10. Hook N Book

:D :D :D :D

11. I saw the video, I did research and it is FALSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. I wouldn't waste my time with the 6 volt batteries. The car batteries are where it is at guys. :p

[​IMG]

13. haha that is great! Reminds me of the power thirst videos.

14. Hook N Book

Now that is funny...! :D